Laptop suggestions for photo editing and light gaming?

Hi, I have usually used my PC which I thought was my dream machine for everything from Gaming to photo editing and I was really happy until recently I had a lot more photo-shootings and was forced to stay away from home for a longer period of time. Also I don't do much gaming in the last couple of months. The Games I play and might want to keep playing are all of the Tomb Raider's, NFS Heat, Titanfall 2, Skyrim (with only a few Mods) and older stuff like NFSU2. to be clear gaming is not a must! Dual boot with Ubuntu Studio or Endeavour OS is basically a must for me.

Prioritys are: 

-a nice display with a good color accuracy and either 100% DCI-P3 or 100% Adobe-RGB 

-a fast processor either Intel or AMD no ARM-stuff

-32GB of RAM(if soldered) or 16GB if the laptop is upgrade friendly.

-portable and not too heavy 

-backlit Keyboard 

-(fast) SD Card Reader would be preferred

Price Range up to 1700EUR. 

Unfortunately as much as I love my Surface Go 2 it's simply too slow and the display is in some cases a bit small for serious work. 

My plan is to sell my setup and maybe my Surface Go and get a Laptop.

Any suggestions for what to buy?

thanks Philipp

So you want a asus g14 or g15. Either last gen or current gen ryzen (5000 or 6000 the 6000 series has multiple hours of extra battery life and a small bump in performance) + a 3050 or 3060 config. The screens are color calibrated (in certain models it is listed when they are) and very nice.

Keep in mind one stick of ram is soldered. In the 16gb version this would be 8gb in the 32gb one this would be 16gb. The second stick can be upgraded up to 32gb of ram. The laptop is relatively upgrade friendly.

It's also "dockable". Basically get a usb c hub that allows for displayport mst and well enjoy up to 2 displays and a bunch of io of off one usb c port from the laptop.

9 hours ago, jaslion said:

So you want a asus g14 or g15. Either last gen or current gen ryzen (5000 or 6000 the 6000 series has multiple hours of extra battery life and a small bump in performance) + a 3050 or 3060 config. The screens are color calibrated (in certain models it is listed when they are) and very nice.

Keep in mind one stick of ram is soldered. In the 16gb version this would be 8gb in the 32gb one this would be 16gb. The second stick can be upgraded up to 32gb of ram. The laptop is relatively upgrade friendly.

It's also "dockable". Basically get a usb c hub that allows for displayport mst and well enjoy up to 2 displays and a bunch of io of off one usb c port from the laptop.

I have considered these, the 14" with the 6000 series is a very nice machine but unfortunately it's (as ist predecessor) not available in Germany or just very poorly. Even the 5000 series took forever to launch and when available there are only the lower spec models 😞

10 hours ago, Philipp95 said:

I have considered these, the 14" with the 6000 series is a very nice machine but unfortunately it's (as ist predecessor) not available in Germany or just very poorly. Even the 5000 series took forever to launch and when available there are only the lower spec models 😞

You can usually buy them in stores from the netherlands too