best 24" gaming monitor for WOW

rotexen

been using a 27" for a while now but i guy told me that 24" is better for wow

so i need a to buy a new 24" monitor only for wow

If you care for high refresh rate and a low cost, then AOC 24G2

Though, is 24" better than 27" is very debatable.

I edit my posts more often than not

5 minutes ago, rotexen said:

so i need a to buy a new 24" monitor only for wow

Why would that make sense at all? Why would 24inch be better? Shroud, one of the best FPS players in the world until recently, uses a 27 inch monitor. 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

3 minutes ago, Ryan829 said:

Why would that make sense at all? Why would 24inch be better? Shroud, one of the best FPS players in the world until recently, uses a 27 inch monitor. 

idk the guy said he has more control over the game and feels better

7 minutes ago, rotexen said:

Pass that shizzz your buddy is smoking.

If anything a game like WoW you'd want an ultrawide... no? More room for UI mods.

2 minutes ago, Ryan829 said:

Why would that make sense at all? Why would 24inch be better?

The only time I could see that being the case if we are talking E-Sports leagues, I know I have purchased gaming monitors in the past that allowed you to mimic screen sizes from 17" to 24" to best match whatever gear is going to be setup at the tourney. Other than that... I can't see why going smaller would be better, unless we are talking 1080p pixel density (27v24")...

Just now, rotexen said:

idk the guy said he has more control over the game and feels better

I would take that with an extreme grain of salt. If you really want to upgrade something, get a 3080 or something. The rest of your build is godly already including the pg279q 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

6 minutes ago, Ryan829 said:

I would take that with an extreme grain of salt. If you really want to upgrade something, get a 3080 or something. The rest of your build is godly already including the pg279q 

getting a 3080 would be the better option i agree

5 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Sounds like your buddy has a high refresh monitor... that has nothing to do with size.

he has that asus pg with 360hz

11 minutes ago, rotexen said:

getting a 3080 would be the better option i agree

Oh, you have PG279Q in your profile 😄 

That's much better than 24G2

And for WOW RTX 2080 Super is more than enough.

I edit my posts more often than not

i'm talking about GingiTV he streams wow on twitch he play in the guild Echo top guild in wow

i asked him and he said 24" is better 

thats why i asked here

GingiTV - Twitch

1 minute ago, rotexen said:

he has that asus pg with 360hz

Yeah, that would probably be it. Since your monitor is max 165 overclocked... yes, his 24" 360hz monitor will seem more responsive and fluid... But I would argue that WoW is not best use case for that tech. Usually FPS players are the market for those super high refresh monitors. And they usually are limited to the lower 1920x1080 resolution. 

Lol a 24" for WoW? seriously?

I use a 34" ultrawide for WoW and think its great.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

6 hours ago, Daethz said:

Lol a 24" for WoW? seriously?

I use a 34" ultrawide for WoW and think its great.

It's a personal preference 

Really for WoW won't make much difference, 27" will be nicer more immersive. I switched from 24 to 27 and I do play WoW too. For fps games it will feel way different at first.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |