is my 3070ti underperforming?

reapr7

hey so i have a 3070 ti, ryzen 5 5600x 16gb ram @ 3K and my friend has a 1080 with an i5 12600K with 32GB ram @ 3.6K right and for most games hes getting 30 fps more than me 

is this a concern? should this be expected or am i underperforming? 

More information i can give is his temperatures are incredibly low, 40-50 cpu temp while in a game and mine would be 75-85, i see how this can be an issue but doesn't thermal throttle kick in at 95? throughout this my gpu would stay at 60 at most 

the games we tested are rust and gta 5 

thank you for your time 

Temperature alone isn't a useful indication of performance. You are going to want to track usage, temp and clockspeed in realtime while in game, even better if you can provide a graph over time of these statistics. What CPU? What in game resolution? What games? 

For example, I have these graphs open on a secondary display at all times so I can always glance over and view statistics if something doesn't feel right. HWInfo.

image.thumb.png.845b04b822cd4493b8642ee3a6d234b9.png

Assuming you're running same in game settings RE eyecandy etc. But I'd like to know what his cooling solution is. Also your raw numbers.

CPUs will definitely start throttling some of the boost performance at 80

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

2 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Temperature alone isn't a useful indication of performance. You are going to want to track usage, temp and clockspeed in realtime while in game, even better if you can provide a graph over time of these statistics. What CPU? What in game resolution? What games? 

For example, I have these graphs open on a secondary display at all times so I can always glance over and view statistics if something doesn't feel right. HWInfo.

image.thumb.png.845b04b822cd4493b8642ee3a6d234b9.png

so i have a friend with the same specs as me, but he has a normal 3070. here are my stats and yes we tested on the same res, game and settings and it was done on rust  

image.thumb.png.c2fa4eaa7bc1feddd175024c12f09e9e.png

Just now, reapr7 said:

so i have a friend with the same specs as me, but he has a normal 3070. here are my stats and yes we tested on the same res, game and settings and it was done on rust  image.thumb.png.c2fa4eaa7bc1feddd175024c12f09e9e.png

here are my friends stats he has a 3070, and he seems to be getting 20 fps more than me 

unknown.png

1 hour ago, OddOod said:

Assuming you're running same in game settings RE eyecandy etc. But I'd like to know what his cooling solution is. Also your raw numbers.

CPUs will definitely start throttling some of the boost performance at 80

he has 7 fans, a radiator connected to his cpu and a full mesh case is his cooling situation, his temps are really low. and ive send some statistics on a reply to someone else on this thread hopefully they are what u was looking for?