Windows Won’t Boot

TheProPizza
Go to solution Solved by Frizz,
5 hours ago, TheProPizza said:

I updated some drivers for various things and now my pc won’t boot into windows. What can I do? I don’t want to reset my pc.

My suggestion is you download the windows media creation tool and install to a USB. Then you can reinstall windows from there, you can select  keep files when you do this if I recall correctly.

I updated some drivers for various things and now my pc won’t boot into windows. What can I do? I don’t want to reset my pc.

Does your computer still detect your boot drive from the BIOS? If so, what happens when you manually select it to boot?

What drivers did you specifically update? 

Are you able to even get to the BIOS? 

-Healthcare IT Professional, Aspiring Security Analyst & Data Hoarder 🙂

A+/Net+/Sec+

5 minutes ago, Bluebull said:

Does your computer still detect your boot drive from the BIOS? If so, what happens when you manually select it to boot?

What drivers did you specifically update? 

Are you able to even get to the BIOS? 

Yes I can get into bios, and when i select to boot from the drive manually it just bring to the same repair windows page, I don't remeber what drivers they were mostly sound and gpu i think

3 minutes ago, TheProPizza said:

Yes I can get into bios, and when i select to boot from the drive manually it just bring to the same repair windows page, I don't remeber what drivers they were mostly sound and gpu i think

Gotcha, so I would highly recommend rolling back your drivers to what you were previously able to boot from, then update them one by one and see which one was causing you to crash. 

A+/Net+/Sec+

14 minutes ago, Bluebull said:

Gotcha, so I would highly recommend rolling back your drivers to what you were previously able to boot from, then update them one by one and see which one was causing you to crash. 

I would roll them back but I can't get into windows to do that, can you roll back drivers from bios?

55 minutes ago, TheProPizza said:

I would roll them back but I can't get into windows to do that, can you roll back drivers from bios?

are you able to boot into safe mode? Typically if it fails to boot several times in a row itll bring up recovery options in which you should find safe mode. From there you should be able to roll back drivers. 

A+/Net+/Sec+

12 minutes ago, Bluebull said:

are you able to boot into safe mode? Typically if it fails to boot several times in a row itll bring up recovery options in which you should find safe mode. From there you should be able to roll back drivers. 

No safe mode doesn't work, it just fails to boot and brings up the windows recovery the same as normal booting does

5 hours ago, TheProPizza said:

My suggestion is you download the windows media creation tool and install to a USB. Then you can reinstall windows from there, you can select  keep files when you do this if I recall correctly.