Reverse Thunderbolt/USB-C Dock

SS18

Hi everyone,

TL;DR - I am looking for a dock that basically converts old inputs (HDMI & full size USBs) into a Thunderbolt/USB-C port output.

I see a lot of docks that connect to a laptop using Thunderbolt/USB-C and provide outputs such as full-size USB, headphone jack, HDMI, etc. I am looking for the reverse of that.

I have an older laptop that has 1 HDMI, 2 full-size USB ports that I'd like to plug into the dock and have one Thunderbolt/USB-C connection output on the dock.

I currently have a USB-C dongle that I switch between my MacBook and a ThinkPad both of which have Thunderbolt ports, so it's a simple unplug and re-plug to switch all my peripherals and monitor between the two. I'd like to have that new dock also convert all my old laptop's ports into a simple USB-C port that I connect the dongle to and also add my old laptop into the mix. (See picture for clarity)

Do the existing docks already work in that way? I don't have one to test that and would like to know before I make a purchase

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

P.S. The old laptop is a Lenovo Y50-70, still running perfectly well, so don't want to replace it yet

File_000.png

Nope, doesn't exist...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

• 2 weeks later...