Ryzen 7 2700x and x470f wont boot on 3600mhz

Go to solution Solved by Mati_M8,
1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

full specs? things you've tried? method of setting the ram speed? need more info.

Rog X470f 

Ryzen 7 2700x

G.skill trident Z 4266mhz cl19

I tries for 2-3 days to fix ram it wont run on 3600mhz or 3466 it runs on 3400 but on cinebeacnh it becomes unstable on 2 min mark

Ryzen 7 2700

G.skill tridon z 4266mhz

X470F

Evga 1080ti ftw3

full specs? things you've tried? method of setting the ram speed? need more info.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. Ryzen 1000-2000 had lots of difficulty running RAM at higher frequencies. Years of "lol RAM is RAM" and then people had to think about things like what the heck "Samsung B-die" means. 3200mhz is what I'd expect from a 2700X and that was pretty much the sweet spot for that generation IIRC, you're not really losing anything by not being able to go higher.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Yeah, 3200 is about as high as you can expect to get with a Ryzen 2000 chip.

My 2600x struggles to get anything higher than 2866. I can get 2933, but the "windows files corrupted" margin is far too frequent for me.

1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

Rog X470f 

Ryzen 7 2700x

3 minutes ago, Mati_M8 said:

Rog X470f 

Ryzen 7 2700x

Marking this as the solution will not be helpful for people with similar issues who find this thread in the future.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16