rgb aio on mobo without rgb header

Depends on the AIO. Some have a USB interface in order to connect with the system. There are hubs you can buy that adapt 3pin or 4pin RGB headers to USB 2 (I believe Cooler Master makes a couple). 

5 minutes ago, weekdays133 said:

i have a i7-4770k my mobo does not have rgb header can i use rgb aio

What aio are you getting?

If you are fine with it being only rainbow colors then sure itll work, just wire up the power and ground pins and you are good

Unfortunately that means either an adapter (if that even exists) or you diy it so expect either jamming wires or soldering

Btw get a decent aio, pref 360mm, avoid 120mm like the plague, and delid the cpu cause 4770k is old asf and it relies on oc to get decent performance, min 4.8g but pref 5g+, 22nm volt spec is 1.55v so temps are the main concern

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

22nm volt spec is 1.55v

That's just not true. 1.55v is just the maximum VID the CPU is allowed to draw when the voltage is set to auto. Safe for long term voltage is closer to 1.4-1.45V. 

11 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That's just not true. 1.55v is just the maximum VID the CPU is allowed to draw when the voltage is set to auto. Safe for long term voltage is closer to 1.4-1.45V. 

They start dying at 2v so 1.55v makes sense for intel to set as the max vid since they know it wont kill or overly degrade, but even then 1.45v will prob still give a decent enough oc and still prob gonna run into a temp limit anyways since 1.5v+ needs 70c or under for stability and the actual oc itself to gain anything from extra volt. Intel vid is effectively the max safe volt they reccomend since thats the max they let the cpu automatically set

Other alternative for higher freq is bclk strap but unsure if that helps on haswell non e, maybe those x79/99 bclk oc threads will have more info though for all i know bclk strap can help abit with freq for a given volt

50 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Intel vid is effectively the max safe volt they reccomend since thats the max they let the cpu automatically set

But it's not. It's the theoretical max that the CPUs are allowed to draw, no CPUs on the socket will actually draw that voltage. 

The real thing that kills them is current, and running at 1.55v will put enough current through the CPU to degrade it pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Depends on the AIO. Some have a USB interface in order to connect with the system. There are hubs you can buy that adapt 3pin or 4pin RGB headers to USB 2 (I believe Cooler Master makes a couple). 

do you have a link