Ryzen 7 3800X making buzzing

so its been a month now of this sound i only noticed it when i got my new cooler. and i thought the cooler was broken so i got a replacement and it was still doing it. so then i took everything out of the case and put the stock cooler back and the nose it is more quite but its coming from the CPU now it must have been doing this for a year now or when ever cause with the big stock cooler must be blocking the sound or what ever. and when using this cooler either the bracket or the way its shaped makes me notice it now siting here im guessing its normal ? but when i put the CPU in power saving mode the sound goes away and if i run the PC under a stress test so only on idle and when in normal power mode its runing about 4.27ghz or so and in power saving its running at 2.18ghz. so the sound is kinda annoying and like nothing crashes or anything so im guessing its just normal 

so i made this a while ago thinking it was gpu coil whine but its not i had no gpu in when i did my test last night  also i say to use headphones or ear buds to hear this cause you can't really hear it over speakers 

Do you maybe have an HDD installed in this computer?
I dont know of any way a CPU could be making that sound

Are you sure your heatsink is tightly screwed and don't vibrate ?

The CPU itself can't do any noise unless possessed by some Alma spirit 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

6 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Are you sure your heatsink is tightly screwed and don't vibrate ?

The CPU itself can't do any noise unless possessed by some Alma spirit 🙂

oh yeah ik yeah both are good the only cooler i have is the AMD Wraith Prism LED RGB Cooler Fan  which i had since last year and with this cooler you can't hear it unless you have your ear up to the cpu in the back or close as you can in the case but with this new cooler you can just sit here with the side panels on and hear it 

and then i got the new cooler i have now NZXT Kraken M22 120mm

13 minutes ago, Devryd said:

when i did this test last night i had no HDD Or anything besides power and ram and CPU to start 

19 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

so its been a month now of this sound i only noticed it when i got my new cooler. and i thought the cooler was broken so i got a replacement and it was still doing it. so then i took everything out of the case and put the stock cooler back and the nose it is more quite but its coming from the CPU now it must have been doing this for a year now or when ever cause with the big stock cooler must be blocking the sound or what ever. and when using this cooler either the bracket or the way its shaped makes me notice it now siting here im guessing its normal ? but when i put the CPU in power saving mode the sound goes away and if i run the PC under a stress test so only on idle and when in normal power mode its runing about 4.27ghz or so and in power saving its running at 2.18ghz. so the sound is kinda annoying and like nothing crashes or anything so im guessing its just normal 

so i made this a while ago thinking it was gpu coil whine but its not i had no gpu in when i did my test last night  also i say to use headphones or ear buds to hear this cause you can't really hear it over speakers 

Sounds like the fan. Had a kraken dying some time ago, was a very different sound. You cant do anything about GPU coil whine

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Sounds like the fan. Had a kraken dying some time ago, was a very different sound. You cant do anything about GPU coil whine

nope its nether this is what i did last night and its coming from the socket lol cause if you put your ear on the back side as well its louder 

IMG_1164.JPG

16 minutes ago, Devryd said:

yeah i forgot to say i did have SSD m.2 installed but its not coming from there cause i put my ear by the cpu and the back side of the bored and its coming from there 

IMG_1164.JPG

5 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Might be the VRM having coil whine, they are left of the CPU

could be but isn't VRM video memory ? 

11 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

could be but isn't VRM video memory ? 

No, that's VRAM. VRM is used for power delivery and is usually where you hear coil whine. My VRM's are screaming all the time

Just checked the video and that's definitely coil whine. 

Just now, Pixelfie said:

No, that's VRAM. VRM is used for power delivery and is usually where you hear coil whine.

yeah im guessing maybe with the stock cooler it covers it better or something so i don't hear it much IMG_1160.thumb.JPG.add709f7e63acb5933ee537fd3370e7a.JPG

6 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

yeah im guessing maybe with the stock cooler it covers it better or something so i don't hear it much IMG_1160.thumb.JPG.add709f7e63acb5933ee537fd3370e7a.JPG

Yeah probably. Maybe you could install the stock cooler and stop it with your finger so you're sure that's the cause? Or unplug the cooler and test like that, but make sure the temps aren't getting too hot when doing this.

20 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Yeah probably. Maybe you could install the stock cooler and stop it with your finger so you're sure that's the cause? Or unplug the cooler and test like that, but make sure the temps aren't getting too hot when doing this.

yeah i called AMD they said its most likely VRM 

2 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

also why is windows running my CPU at 4 ghz on idle anyways i have it set to normal power mode 

9 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

also why is windows running my CPU at 4 ghz on idle anyways i have it set to normal power mode 

Maybe you have enabled that in BIOS or because the temps allow it. 

6 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Maybe you have enabled that in BIOS or because the temps allow it. 

yeah nah i cleared cmos anyways my PC Is haunted lol