Fido U2F option for second factor

It would be great if we could use the Fido U2F protocoll as a second factor to log in to the forum.

Unfortunately, adoption is still quite scarce across the web but since LMG is quite a tech focused company this should even more be a reason to set a good example.

or to be able to link your account to an MSLive or Azure B2B or B2C instance.. and voila.. FIDO/2 integrated or other WhfB login capabilities!

It's not supported by the forum software, and would be a fairly significant investment to implement for likely close to zero users (the vast majority of people don't use the existing 2FA options, nor is there any particular need for people to use them on a low value forum account). In an ideal world, it would be nice (and I have casually considered it in the past), but I think that dev time could be better spent on other features that benefit more of the userbase.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:36 AM, RZomerman said:

or to be able to link your account to an MSLive or Azure B2B or B2C instance.. and voila.. FIDO/2 integrated or other WhfB login capabilities!

We already do support Microsoft account login (on the common tenant, which I believe means you can use both consumer and work accounts).

HTTP/2 203