can i run openmediavault on linode

i have lost all my data from an accidental format currently i am set to recover all of it thanks to Recuva but i have nowhere to put the data because i lost almost 4-5TB of data so i want to make a linode using one of those 100$ credits to host my file temporarily on OMV in linode then once the backup is safe redownload it to my drive can i do this and if so how

5 TB of object storage on Linode will cost $100/month, and you only get 1 TB of download transfer included in that before they charge you a penny per gig (so an additional $40 to download it all).

image.png.f83dd1455752b4a7325aea6dabd9a915.png

Your Internet connection is a choke point, too. If you have 300 megs down and 10 up (a typical cable connection), 5 terabytes will take 45 days to upload and about a day and a half to download, if both directions are running flat-out with no other traffic taking up bandwidth.

You're better off buying an external hard drive to back up to. (Which you should be doing anyway.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Just now, Needfuldoer said:

5 TB of object storage on Linode will cost $100/month, and you only get 1 TB of download transfer included in that before they charge you a penny per gig (so an additional $40 to download it all).

image.png.f83dd1455752b4a7325aea6dabd9a915.png

Your Internet connection is a choke point, too. If you have 300 megs down and 10 up (a typical cable connection), 5 terabytes will take 45 days to upload and about a day and a half to download, if both directions are running flat-out with no other traffic taking up bandwidth.

You're better off buying an external hard drive to back up to. (Which you should be doing anyway.)

so your saying it is costly as shit ok

18 minutes ago, Linus No Beard said:

so your saying it is costly as shit ok

Yup. Even Backblaze isn't going to be cost effective, when 6 TB external drives cost $125 and can run at full USB 3 speeds.

Just now, Needfuldoer said:

Yup. Even Backblaze isn't going to be cost effective, when 6 TB external drives cost $125 and can run at full USB 3 speeds.

well after i remove my steam games from the backup it should be 2-3 TB less so i might be able to afford it with the 100$ credit

1 hour ago, Linus No Beard said:

well after i remove my steam games from the backup it should be 2-3 TB less so i might be able to afford it with the 100$ credit

I still think you're better off buying an external drive. It's good practice to have an offline backup of important data. (It would've saved you from going through all this in the first place...) Just don't use it for everyday storage, plug it in and copy your stuff to it once in a while.

https://www.amazon.com/Passport-Portable-External-Drive-Black/dp/B07VTW2LPX/