New laptop buying help

Hi everyone!

Want to get people's opinions.

I'm looking at getting a new laptop to replace a laptop and desktop combo (I can't be doing with managing 2 machines)

I'm an impatient IT Guy, so I'm looking for something that's super responsive, run 2 x 1440p screes, maybe can handle one test virtual machine, has decent battery life, but is portable(ish) - essentially the ideal laptop LOL

Currently looking at the Asus Flow X13. As I'll use it for work, it needs a camera for video calls.

Now I'm unsure whether it's worth waiting, and paying the extra £500 ($650 approx.) for the newer version Ryzen 6000 that's due to land April 1st (Confirmed by a supplier today)

I don't really want to pay that amount more, if it's only a few percent more on performance gains.

I did think about the new G14, but it's a similar problem, the current G14 pricing is just so good! but lacks in the camera department, and the price increase is really something I want to avoid if it's not worth it.

Did think about maybe an XPS 13 and get a thunderbolt dock, but similar story, whether I wait for 12th gen... but then the XPS13 plus looks weird, not liking the look of the keyboard.

There might be a machine I just haven't thought about, so happy to take your guys advice 🙂

4 minutes ago, JTPOTATO said:

run 2 x 1440p screes

Your choices are considerably limited with the majority of laptops not supporting 2 monitor outputs

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Your choices are considerably limited with the majority of laptops not supporting 2 monitor outputs

To be honest, I was thinking of running a dock of some sort with any one of them. Sorry, forgot to mention that 🙂

No high refresh rate gaming, more CPU bound horsepower