Nvidia Geforce GT 1030 GDDR5 2G OC Results

Rysters Tech

I have a gigabyte gt 1030 2gd3 oc from gigabyte, it isn't the low profile but rather the full height, single slot form factor variant. It was purchased in December of 2020 brand new for ~$80 USD off of amazon.com, the fan then died on it, so i sent it in for warranty, it did not return for another 8 months. I used MSI afterburner to do the overclock and managed a core clock of 1700mhz as reported by gpuz, but both msi afterburner and hwinfo64 report 1900MHz because for some reason my cards boosts beyond the official limit, im using the driver off of the Nvidia website, and do not have any gigabyte software installed. My card happens to have some golden memory chips, as i reached a memory clock of 4004MHz according to msi afterburner, no artifacts or anything, the limiting factor being the slider within afterburner being all the way to the right. It is paired with a Ryzen 3 3200G in a asrock a320M hdv motherboard and a 500 watt psu from cooler master, this card has no bios mods and still has its stock cooling. It pushes pixels to an HP 22CWA 21.5 inch 1920X1080 monitor (overclocked to 75HZ from the stock 60HZ), and a Lenovo L171P 17 inch 1280X1024 monitor running at its stock 75HZ refresh rate. Conviently, these two monitors seem to have extremely similar pixel densities and the screens themselves are nearly the exact same height, although the HP has way better color reproduction, although in order to have any height adjustment on the HP, i have to stack optical drives underneath it as it has a crappy stand and no VESA mounting holes.

1407957988_Screenshot2022-02-28104418.thumb.jpg.3d363537325c581adf5f76ddcd07c1e3.jpg

5 minutes ago, Frenky said:

So whats the question?

i was posting my gpu results for the oc database, im guessing i posted it in the wrong thread.

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Cool it with a tec and see how much performance you can push out of that potato xD

This is my best-performing GPU at the moment, and I do not have money to replace it because GPU prices are nuts, and I honestly am happy with its performance. I still have thermal headroom, but I cannot increase the power limit beyond 100 percent, meaning this GPU is working with its stock 30W TDP. 1030 doesn't really come alive until you overclock the memory as it only has a 64-bit bus, which hinders its performance on anything beyond 720p. Considering its 30W TDP and the fact that paid 80 dollars for it new, the only disappointment I really have with it is that it doesn't have NVENC, but I get around that by setting my motherboard to force enable my iGPU (this CPU has onboard Vega8 Graphics), and use it for video encoding so it doesn't tax my CPU as hard. I do plan soon on releasing my OC results on a dell latitude e6530 i have with an NVS 5200M. 

5 minutes ago, SiliconMagician said:

This is my best-performing GPU at the moment, and I do not have money to replace it because GPU prices are nuts, and I honestly am happy with its performance

Well i guess the next step would be mod bios to run higher ram freq, shunt mod, and better cooling (pref something that keeps the gpu near ambient or subzero), which if done wrong can kill the gpu (bricking isnt killing the gpu cause all it takes is either desoldering the vbios or attempting to flash it with a test clip for 2 hours straight with a cheapo usb bios programmer)

Killing the gpu is possible with a shunt mod or too high volt, voltmod would also be a good mod but the gpu will prob die if you try going near 2v