3 pin fan connector into a 4 pin RGB connector?

Hi community, i recently added two hard drives and re positioned my fans, when i was plugging the fans,  i accidently plugged one of the 3 pin fan header into the 4 pin rgb header, first i didn't notice that, then when i booted, i heard like a tiny buzzing noise coming from the motherboard, and the fan was not spinning, then i checked and realized i plugged wrong header, and i plugged it back into the 4 pin fan header and the fan spinned, but now, i hear like very tiny buzzing noise from the motherboard sometimes like idk once an hour? or once 30 minutes? and i don't know if i fried the 4 pin rgb connector or not, does anyone have a answer or a response for this?

THANKS!

17 minutes ago, AX12 Gaming said:

Hi community, i recently added two hard drives and re positioned my fans, when i was plugging the fans,  i accidently plugged one of the 3 pin fan header into the 4 pin rgb header, first i didn't notice that, then when i booted, i heard like a tiny buzzing noise coming from the motherboard, and the fan was not spinning, then i checked and realized i plugged wrong header, and i plugged it back into the 4 pin fan header and the fan spinned, but now, i hear like very tiny buzzing noise from the motherboard sometimes like idk once an hour? or once 30 minutes? and i don't know if i fried the 4 pin rgb connector or not, does anyone have a answer or a response for this?

THANKS!

I don't think it would do anything as both power and ground of the fan would be plugged into a 12V line, then either ground or 12v would be connected to the tacometer in the fan, so no circuit would be created there.  Or if its the other way around power would be plugged into ground and ground into power.  If the fan still works, I don't think its fried anything.

It may be entirely coincidental and its just developed some coil whine.  Or you only noticed it when worrying that you'd damaged something.  Its one of those things you might not notice until looking for it and then you can't NOT notice it after that point.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Thanks! now its just that i hear the silent buzzing noise like all times now but i think its normal