Dual channel, different number of sticks but same capacity?

36 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

that picture is showing the two 16GB sticks in two different channels, so I don't know what you're getting at.

are you f***king serious? is this a joke? troll thread?

There is a reason they alternate colour. The channels are red and black.

7 hours ago, TrigrH said:

are you f***king serious? is this a joke? troll thread?

They alternate color because you're supposed to use the two red slots first. The two red slots are for two different channels, same with the two black slots. Linus explains this in the xQc reaction video:

7 hours ago, TrigrH said:

No, they're not. @YoungBladeis correct here. This is one thing I'm 100% sure in this whole thread. Each channel has a red and a black slot. You populate two red slots first precisely because they belong to different channels, that's how you get dual channel with two sticks.

And that's exactly why I kept asking about the nothing-32-16-16 configuration, where you have 32 GB in channel A (the second slot, the first red one) and 32 GB in channel B (the 3rd and 4th black and red slots, a black one, and the 4th slot).

And the question, from the very bringing was: can we pair 32 GB in one channel to 32 GB in the other channel if those 32 GB represented by different numbers of sticks in different channels (1 stick in A and 2 sticks in B or vice versa)?