Quick question about the 1000D

LewisField
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
2 hours ago, LewisField said:

thank you for the reply 🙂

af doesn’t bother me as it will be kept in one place but quality wise, would a 1000D or a t2i be better because there almost the same price

A t2i is a good amount newer and better camera, so Id get that if you can. Both should use dummy batteries fine, and the dummy batteries are pretty cheap on places like amazon.  

So, i have a quick question about the 1000D,

fo you need a dummy battery to use it as a camera for a pc? just looking for a cheap-ish DSLR kit for about £200 (i’m from the UK but help will still be very appreciated) to use as a decent quality for a webcam, i have done some research ahead of this and the most help i could find is just plugging in a USB to Type-C cable but nothing about needing a dummy battery, 

any help will again be very appreciated:)

You don't need a dummy battery, but the cameras need power to run off of, so you would need to keep replacing batteries, they won't run from usb power(with some exceptions of new cameras that have a type c port)

But Id try to get a different camera if you can as this model doesn't support af during video. But if that limit is fine with you, it will work. 

13 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You don't need a dummy battery, but the cameras need power to run off of, so you would need to keep replacing batteries, they won't run from usb power(with some exceptions of new cameras that have a type c port)

But Id try to get a different camera if you can as this model doesn't support af during video. But if that limit is fine with you, it will work. 

af doesn’t bother me as it will be kept in one place but quality wise, would a 1000D or a t2i be better because there almost the same price

2 hours ago, LewisField said:

A t2i is a good amount newer and better camera, so Id get that if you can. Both should use dummy batteries fine, and the dummy batteries are pretty cheap on places like amazon.  

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

okay great, thank you soo much 😄