Trouble after upgrade

CarDavidOdKorova

So guys I had i5 4th gen, 16GB of DDR3 and old cheap HP motherboard for a while and decided to upgrade. I keep my power supply 700W (80 Bronze), RX 580 8GB, Kingstone SSD 120GB (where I put my system) and 500GB HDD. So I bought Ryzen 7 3700X, B550 AOURS ELITE V2 and Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL (2x8GB 3200). Problem started when I turn on PC, went to BOIS and everything was ok but when it started to boot it (Win10) crashed (Blue Screen). I didn't put new system on SSD so can that be problem or is it something else?

PC:
R7 3700X
B550 AORUS ELITE V2
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL (2x8GB 3200)
RX 580 XFX 8GB
Kingstone SSD 120GB
500GB HDD

PS 700W
Tnx in advance and sorry for my English isn't my first language.

10 minutes ago, CarDavidOdKorova said:

I didn't put new system on SSD so can that be problem or is it something else?

a fresh install of win10 might fix it, might be another issue. what is the bsod code? what have you tried so far? have you tried changing your csm settings since it's from on old build?

edit: either way, might be best to install windows fresh as it's a big hardware change.

windows 10 is very portable and it's so much better at re-configuring itself for a different system on its own than any previous version of windows. but there are some things it can't work past.

Pretty likely from the age of your system you had legacy options still turned on by default. but the new system would have all modern securities on by default in UEFI.

Nothing wrong with windows it's just no installed for those settings.

if you want to, you can convert/fix the windows install using windows recovery tool and command line shit (would take 1h for somebody who kinda knows a bit what they're trying to do)

You could also turn the modern security off.... but that's not really recommended.

Or save yourself that time and reinstall fresh (15min job can be done by anybody) but then you have to reinstall your programs and log back into everything you use from scratch

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

I have something like this it's trying to boot then crashes and repeats, sometimes its stuck and i need to power it off.

I will try to change processor my friend has r5 3600