Ever wonder what the very first electronic communication device was?

Well wonder no more!  My circuits professor was digging around in the basement (or so he says) and pulled out the very first telegraph receiver.  This was the exact receiver used in Washington DC on the morning of May 24, 1844 to receive "What hath God wrought!" sent from Baltimore.

Really quite amazing how far technology has come in 170 years.

(please excuse pic quality  :mellow: )

nx3KhOz.jpg

kdDax4R.jpg

dcDK7in.jpg

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

Convince him to take it to a museum of technology for God's sake

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I feel he is lieing when he says it was the exact one, maybe he meant its a exact replica or it is the same one from 1844. 

not trying to be a hater lol

Badass though thanks for sharing I love seeing old tech.

At my work in the warehouse me and my boss when we were cleaning our lab out we found a old Maxtor HDD that was from 1986.... it weighs 30 lbs and is twice as big as a normal power supply. Ill take pictures and post them if you fellas want. It only hold around 100MB's also.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I feel he is lieing when he says it was the exact one, maybe he meant its a exact replica or it is the same one from 1844. 

not trying to be a hater lol

Badass though thanks for sharing I love seeing old tech.

Believe it or not, it is the exact one.  Apparently, the Smithsonian really, really wants it, and for whatever reason (don't shoot the messenger here lol) it's still in our building. 

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

Believe it or not, it is the exact one.  Apparently, the Smithsonian really, really wants it, and for whatever reason (don't shoot the messenger here lol) it's still in our building. 

Well that cools then I believe you lol, I just thought you meant that "you guys thought it was from then" didnt know you knew it actually was from then.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Convince him to take it to a museum of technology for God's sake

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.