Can't remember which windows program lets me control whether or not apps are allowed to start automatically (not task manager)

just eirik

In windows there is a built in program that has a list of all your installed programs and you can right click on those programs, select properties (I think) and then you can see if the program is set to start automatically, manually or if its disabled. 

Its not the task manager and its not "apps and features". It uses the old/normal windows interface, not the "new" one that settings uses, if that makes sense. It looks like the device manager is what I mean.

I've had a shortcut to this program on my taskbar for years, but somehow I don't remember what its called. (I just re-installed windows, thats why I need help now)

Does anyone know what I am talking about?

4 minutes ago, rmgdnz said:

Sounds like the Services app. 

YES! That's it! Don't know why it was so hard for me to remember that or why it was so impossible to google my way to that name. Annoying!
Thank you very much! 😄

I was going to say MSCONFIG and Startup selections but Services.msc also fits the bill as noted above.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz