building a new keyboard looking for switch recommendations.

SimplyChunk

Hi,  I'm currently using a Ducky One2 Mini RGB with genuine Cherry Blues.

The RGB is slowly dying (a few are 'stuck' on one colour) and i'm also getting chattering from time to time so i would like a replacement.

I'm going to build one with the Zuoya Tester84 board as i'd also like some dedicated cursor keys back.  This board is hotswappable with 3 or 5 pin switches 

I'm looking for a 'heavier' switch than the Cherry Blues.  The ones i have found are Kailh box navy which have a 60g actuation and a 90g bottom out or Kailh box pinks which have a heavier actuation at 65g but a lighter bottoming out of 55g

which would you recommend?

I'll be using an SA profile keycap set

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

3 hours ago, geo3 said:

MX Blue activate at 60g, so both of those are going to feel pretty similar in terms of weight.  Though I think either will sound and feel a lot cleaner, as click bar design is superior to click jacket. 

Thanks

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

If your willing to straw away from clickies and come to the superior linear gang, I would get some cherry blacks or gateron black ink v2's.

34 minutes ago, TokyoKeebs said:

If your willing to straw away from clickies and come to the superior linear gang, I would get some cherry blacks or gateron black ink v2's.

Linears are for Hen Pecked Chickens.  I live alone..by design..Clickies all the way for me

Mech keyboards is a wormhole to say the least. Don't get Cherry switches though, just don't. Durock are cheap and good. I personally love thekeycompany fruit series (tangerine, kiwi, etc). 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

1 hour ago, Ryan829 said:

Mech keyboards is a wormhole to say the least.

Yes, i've known this for a while.  This is why i've always stuck to premade (I've had two Cherry Blue Ducky's now and a Cherry Red Steel Series [i think it was steel series])  But i'm in the market for a new keyboard now with the chattering and the RGB dying but don't want to pay more than i would for say..a decent Ducky.  That's why i'm looking to build this time as i can get the tester 84 board plate and case, 110 royal blues and a decent SA profile keycap set (I want SA so it feels like my C64) for about £100 posted (from China of course)  I've also seen a case for the Tester 84 in some promational shots for the keycaps but can't for the life of me find the case for sale yet.

8 hours ago, TokyoKeebs said:

If your willing to straw away from clickies and come to the superior linear gang,

TACTILE GANG RISE UP!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

13 hours ago, Frugivore8894 said:

TACTILE GANG RISE UP!

I can only tolerate light tactiles lmao

31 minutes ago, TokyoKeebs said:

I can only tolerate light tactiles lmao

I like medium tactiles not things like Bobas or Zealio v2s. Sorry this is getting a bit off topic lol.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qm9Mwc

Main Project:

A desk that has a hatch that opens in the middle of it and then goes down flush with the desk. 

Other projects I am working on 

• Sleeper TI-99 4A
  • Second Keyboard

There's just so much to choose from!