Help Me in selecting IPS 1080p Gaming Monitor

ahmedbatty

For the past 2 weeks I have been researching and finding good options for a high refresh rate gaming monitor. For now monitors are available for a pretty good price and there are plenty options unlike graphics cards. My requirements:

• IPS
  • 24 inch
  • 1080p
  • 120 or 144 Hz

Higher resolutions and larger monitor sizes are a bit out of my price range.

Right now I have the following monitor and PC:

• Monitor: Samsung S24F350FH (24", PLS, 1080p, I have been using this monitor for the past 6 years with a PS4 and PC and I love the colors in both games and media)
  • PC: Intel Core i5-8400, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1060 GB (I might upgrade this down the line to an RTX 3060Ti and 12th Gen Intel, slowly based on graphics card availability and pricing)

I usually play single player games, but might get back into online gaming. The only high refresh rate display that I have used is on my OnePlus 8.

I will be using this monitor not just for gaming, but for media consumption and UI design as well. So I'm looking for the panel that has the best colors.

Following is a list of the monitors that are near to my requirements and price range:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FoadToUawD8C3MCZtRLVSly7F7KMDwA-WEk29MH3PUs/edit?usp=sharing

Now comes the question for selecting the right monitor:

• The TUF VG259QM and MSI MAG 251RX were the first ones I found that I liked, but they are too expensive and I probably won't ever fully utilize 240 Hz in games. That's why I continued my search into cheaper options.
  • The MSI Optix G241 is the cheapest and probably the most best option for me, but the stand is very basic and if I'm already spending that money, why not add a bit more to get a one with a good stand.
  • The AOC 24G2 and the BenQ EX2510 are reviewed as the best of their class by Hardware Unboxed and they look great as well. The BenQ is a bit thick. I might get one of these. But the price difference is alarming.

A few more questions:

• Is NVIDIA G-SYNC absolutely necessary? If I'm already getting a high refresh rate monitor, shouldn't that be enough?
  • What is the deal with FreeSync monitors being compatible with NVIDIA cards?
  • Does 1080p look good on 27" screens?

Would like to have some great insights on what I should go with. If anyone has used these monitors do mention or if I should look at some other options or specs as well.

4 hours ago, ahmedbatty said:

For the past 2 weeks I have been researching and finding good options for a high refresh rate gaming monitor. For now monitors are available for a pretty good price and there are plenty options unlike graphics cards. My requirements:

• IPS
  • 24 inch
  • 1080p
  • 120 or 144 Hz

Higher resolutions and larger monitor sizes are a bit out of my price range.

Right now I have the following monitor and PC:

• Monitor: Samsung S24F350FH (24", PLS, 1080p, I have been using this monitor for the past 6 years with a PS4 and PC and I love the colors in both games and media)
  • PC: Intel Core i5-8400, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1060 GB (I might upgrade this down the line to an RTX 3060Ti and 12th Gen Intel, slowly based on graphics card availability and pricing)

I usually play single player games, but might get back into online gaming. The only high refresh rate display that I have used is on my OnePlus 8.

I will be using this monitor not just for gaming, but for media consumption and UI design as well. So I'm looking for the panel that has the best colors.

Following is a list of the monitors that are near to my requirements and price range:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FoadToUawD8C3MCZtRLVSly7F7KMDwA-WEk29MH3PUs/edit?usp=sharing

Now comes the question for selecting the right monitor:

• The TUF VG259QM and MSI MAG 251RX were the first ones I found that I liked, but they are too expensive and I probably won't ever fully utilize 240 Hz in games. That's why I continued my search into cheaper options.
  • The MSI Optix G241 is the cheapest and probably the most best option for me, but the stand is very basic and if I'm already spending that money, why not add a bit more to get a one with a good stand.
  • The AOC 24G2 and the BenQ EX2510 are reviewed as the best of their class by Hardware Unboxed and they look great as well. The BenQ is a bit thick. I might get one of these. But the price difference is alarming.

A few more questions:

• Is NVIDIA G-SYNC absolutely necessary? If I'm already getting a high refresh rate monitor, shouldn't that be enough?
  • What is the deal with FreeSync monitors being compatible with NVIDIA cards?
  • Does 1080p look good on 27" screens?

Would like to have some great insights on what I should go with. If anyone has used these monitors do mention or if I should look at some other options or specs as well.

The AOC 24G2