Battery test on 2nd hand phone

SleepingGiant

Hi, I'm about to buy a 2nd hand samsung s10e and was wondering on how to stress test or know how good the battery health still. 

Is there some way to test it like run a benchmark then check the battery drain on the specific phone

I really have no idea on what to do while buying a used phone. The outside seems to be all good. My only concern is the battery health

4 minutes ago, SleepingGiant said:

Hi, I'm about to buy a 2nd hand samsung s10e and was wondering on how to stress test or know how good the battery health still. 

Is there some way to test it like run a benchmark then check the battery drain on the specific phone

I really have no idea on what to do while buying a used phone. The outside seems to be all good. My only concern is the battery health

There is the app AccuBattery. If yoi run it and allow it to run in the background,  ot will determine the remaining capacity after a few charging cycles. But you have to research the original battery capacity of the phone and enter it into the original capacity to see how much it has left. My 4-5 yr old Huawei P10 lite has 65% left(1800 mAh out of the original 3000mAh)

Edited by DreamCat04
Typo cause of autocorrect that is set to german :)

1 minute ago, DreamCat04 said:

There is the app AccuBattery. If yoi run it and allow it to run in the background,  ot will determine the remaining capacity after a few charging cycles. But you have to research the original battery capacity of the phone and enter it into the original capacity to see how much it has left. My 4-5 yr old Huawei P10 lite has 65% left(1800 mehr out of the original 3000mAh)

So its like meet up, check, looks good, pay, part ways kind of thing.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiant said:

Yeah. There is not that much else you can check. But to prevent the battery from degrading fast, you can just charge it up to 80%. That way if it were say 20% degraded it would stay at 20% for a much longer time 

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiant said:

Well, there isn't really any way to know, at a glance, if the battery is good or not. Just check with apps like AccuBattery and use personal experience with day-to-day use. Over time, you'll get an estimate.

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

35 minutes ago, LionSpeck said:

Well, there isn't really any way to know, at a glance, if the battery is good or not. Just check with apps like AccuBattery and use personal experience with day-to-day use. Over time, you'll get an estimate.

I would have bought a pixel 6, but damn the markup where im from to the msrp is 33.33%

Yeha like others have said, checking battery health takes a couple runs from full to empty and back again.

And since most phones last more then 24 hours nowadays...

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!