Gamers who bought DDR-2400 XMP back in the years and using the same system till now..

Do you guys find any increase in FPS in recent games with the same processor and motherboard but OC'd the RAM to some higher frequency and suitable timings?

With the 6700k nope not at all. When I reusud it for a 2700x yeah getting 3600mhz cl16 gave me a rather big boost.

It all depends on the cpu you have really.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

With the 6700k nope not at all. When I reusud it for a 2700x yeah getting 3600mhz cl16 gave me a rather big boost.

It all depends on the cpu you have really.

So, investing on a DDR 4400Mhz kit (thinking it will give advantage somewhere in future) on a 11400F + B560 system + RTX 3050 which will used only for gaming is not worth it. Am I right?

Edited by Gamer Guy
Added GPU

It depend of how many core and thread your cpu have. And how fast they are. Cause every thread on your cpu need to acces the memory. So if you have a powerfull cpu with lot of fast core, the memory will be accessed more frequently, that why on an I7 6700k, 4 cores 8 thread you wont see a big difference but on a 2700x that is 8 cores 16 thread the difference is more prononce.

But the best solution is to try, it's not that complicated to do a RAM OC. Dont even bother with the timing. I have some no name RAM at 2400mzh oc to 3000mhz fot daily use and they can go up to 3400mhz stable but with to much eat. Just put the voltage at 1.4v.

(BTW sorry for my english) 

14 minutes ago, valentinardem said:

I have some no name RAM at 2400mzh oc to 3000mhz fot daily use and they can go up to 3400mhz stable but with to much eat. Just put the voltage at 1.4v.

What CPU do you have and did you get any more fps with this amount of RAM OC?

I have a 9600k at 4.8 now and I see like 15 to 20 fps more. The best is the stability lot less stutter now. before I was on a I7 3770 at 4ghz with ddr3 and from 1333 to 1800 gave me like 10 fps max but more stable frametime wise

5 minutes ago, valentinardem said:

I see like 15 to 20 fps more

Is this because of CPU + RAM OC, or RAM OC alone?

6 minutes ago, valentinardem said:

I7 3770 at 4ghz with ddr3 and from 1333 to 1800 gave me like 10 fps max

Good

With your RTX 3050, I highly doubt that increasing your RAM speed will give you a performance boost outside of benchmarks. The 3050 is actually a bit slower than the 2060, so you're going to be limited by the GPU before the CPU or RAM.

Here's a Hardware Unboxed video about RAM scaling. It is shown near the end that, with an RTX 2070 Super, the scaling basically disappeared. This will be even more the case for you. Yes, 2400 is even slower, but so is your 3050.

If you want to try overclocking your RAM to 2666 or 3000, you can try it, but it probably won't make a meaningful difference in gaming performance. Unless you are playing at low or competitive settings so your CPU is the limiting factor, it probably won't make any difference at all.

2 hours ago, Gamer Guy said:

So, investing on a DDR 4400Mhz kit (thinking it will give advantage somewhere in future) on a 11400F + B560 system + RTX 3050 which will used only for gaming is not worth it. Am I right?

No not at all. Faster ram does not mean it's better. Besides there is more to it than just frequency. Like cas latency and such. For exmaple a 4400mhz cl22 kit is flat out slower than a cl 16 3200mhz kit.

Or for ryzen anything that is under or over 3600mhz performs worse.

Besides faster ram is basically only a cpu speed boost and a 11400f is not a cpu that is holding back a rtx 3050 at all. Also they are speed capped too.

I think you guys started speaking on current games with current hardware. I wanted to know what can happen in future (yes unpredictable) when I lower the settings and play, so I asked for some DDR-2400 users and @valentinardem replied with his results. 

Depends more on the game, but I wouldn't hold my breath on a first gen Skylake IMC pulling off 4000mt/s+ memory easily

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

I will do some bench with my ram at stock speed and oc and share the result on this thread. But it's clear that it's game dependent.

In Cyberbug 2077 ram speed is game changer even at low fps. (The game use most of the cores you throw at it and each one need access to the ram for IA, buildings, vehicules, etc... and all of this need to be charge and discharge of the ram rapidly) 

In FS2020 the only thing that matter is how many memory you have speed doesent change much. (Even if all the core are use in the game must of them serve the same role, render the Earth, and the Earth is huge. So the data on the ram dont need to change much but they are large.)

In most competitive game the latence is king. (In CSGO the maps are small and dont need to access the HDD/SSD after the map is loaded so the speed dont do much. The important thing is how many time past betwen the cpu call the asset and the ram respond.)

So yes it's more than just speed it's better. And I know my explenation it very very VERY basic and not realy "correct" it's more just to get a rough idea of how it work.

But knowing all that, oc the ram it's not realy dangerous, neither for the system or the ram itself. Your pc just gonna restart a default settings. But be carrefull to the temps if you do a serious OC, the probleme is that it's very rare for ram to have temps sensors. 

38 minutes ago, valentinardem said:

I will do some bench with my ram at stock speed and oc and share the result on this thread. But it's clear that it's game dependent.

In Cyberbug 2077 ram speed is game changer even at low fps. (The game use most of the cores you throw at it and each one need access to the ram for IA, buildings, vehicules, etc... and all of this need to be charge and discharge of the ram rapidly) 

In FS2020 the only thing that matter is how many memory you have speed doesent change much. (Even if all the core are use in the game must of them serve the same role, render the Earth, and the Earth is huge. So the data on the ram dont need to change much but they are large.)

In most competitive game the latence is king. (In CSGO the maps are small and dont need to access the HDD/SSD after the map is loaded so the speed dont do much. The important thing is how many time past betwen the cpu call the asset and the ram respond.)

So yes it's more than just speed it's better. And I know my explenation it very very VERY basic and not realy "correct" it's more just to get a rough idea of how it work.

But knowing all that, oc the ram it's not realy dangerous, neither for the system or the ram itself. Your pc just gonna restart a default settings. But be carrefull to the temps if you do a serious OC, the probleme is that it's very rare for ram to have temps sensors. 

This information is all I need. Anyways to check RAM temperature without spending in extra hardware/device?

7 minutes ago, Gamer Guy said:

This information is all I need. Anyways to check RAM temperature without spending in extra hardware/device?

You cant realy do that but the ram must be touchable by hand and dont burn your finger, the best solution is to compare to your rad on the cpu (under load) if the temps are similar it's good if the ram it way more hot than that it's not good. But like I said on DDR4 1.4v is very ok. You can put some after market cooler on the ram (check my setup on my profil) it's ram cooler I borrowed on old ddr2 ram and it work great.