Looking for a guide

Princess Anna

Where can I find a guide for cable management? Not pc cable management but desk cable management? I have so many cables and need help or a guide cleaning them up.

EDIT: I ordered some cable ties and velcro, hope it works out. More suggestions are welcome though and appreciated! :)

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

I personally build a box to route cables into to keep the cables separated. You can also add bread ties or colored tape to each end of a cable so you know which cable is which considering they black 99% of the time. I am at work so can't post pics of my work. What ever you manage to do. Post pics.

Can be found on my profiIe

Step 1: Buy zip ties

Step 2: Hide the cables

Step 3: Tie them together

Step 4: Put the cables out of sight

Step 5: ???

Step 6: You should have decent looking cable management.

Velcro ties, usb extensions and usb hubs are my best friends.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

we happen to have one of these

Migth want to read that again... 

OP says desk cable management, though

No not that type of cable management, lol. Please read my post as my pc cables are already perfect. Just my desk looks like the amazon to me.

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

Step 1: Buy zip ties

Step 2: Hide the cables

Step 3: Tie them together

Step 4: Put the cables out of sight

Step 5: ???

Step 6: You should have decent looking cable management.

If only it was this simple...

Zipties and taking out cables you don't need is probably the best way to go.  You can also route them through the walls if you feel the urge.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

If only it was this simple...

Zipties and taking out cables you don't need is probably the best way to go.  You can also route them through the walls if you feel the urge.

Yea I think I'm going to get cable ties and tie my cables all together. Then get some sort or velcro and stick them to the sides of my desk. I think this will work the best maybe. Found this idea randomly so I am going to try it. I just want the cables on my desk to look as good as my pc's.

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

Yea I think I'm going to get cable ties and tie my cables all together. Then get some sort or velcro and stick them to the sides of my desk. I think this will work the best maybe. Found this idea randomly so I am going to try it. I just want the cables on my desk to look as good as my pc's.

I wish the inside of my PC looked as good as the outside. i was on a hurry to get running again.

I wish the inside of my PC looked as good as the outside. i was on a hurry to get running again.

Yea I take a lot of time on my pc's cables and everything has to be PERFECT. Lol 

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

Yea I take a lot of time on my pc's cables and everything has to be PERFECT. Lol

I just suck at making the back look pretty

I just suck at making the back look pretty

That can be tricky at first but if you wrap the cables together and zip tie them it's not that bad. And if you happen to have a modular power supply and a case with cable routing it can be a breeze. Iv'e built quiet a few pc's now and it gets easier every time.

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

That can be tricky at first but if you wrap the cables together and zip tie them it's not that bad. And if you happen to have a modular power supply and a case with cable routing it can be a breeze. Iv'e built quiet a few pc's now and it gets easier every time.

my biggest problem is the sata power cables. They don't want to move like I want

You just have to play with them and show em who's boss! Speaking of all this cable management I literally just ordered a new case for my spare rig. So I will be doing some soon.

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

Zip ties rae your best bet, or go to Lowes or home depot and get wire mold, more ex[ensive but it looks super nice. THere are also zip ties that on the end have a round hole that you can screw into your desk or wall.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

It helps to have a tech geek friend who has OCD to come over and cable manage your system.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

wireless

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS: