Question surrounding a setup with 'hd600's

Xyem

Hiyo,

I'm looking at getting a pair of hd600(s) but am unsure as to what if anything I should be getting to power and unlock the full potential of this pair.

I would rather not spend more than £200 (<- reside in the UK)  on a stack and thus have looked into JDSLABS atom amp+/dac+. Originally looked into a schiit stack but they seem to be out of stuck as of now.

In addition, if anyone has better alternatives in the UK in terms of performance whilst being available, I would be more than happy. Thanks for any assistance in advance.

EDIT: motherboard is -> AMD TUF x570 ATX GAMING (WIFI)

According to audiophiles, you wont get "the full potential" without spending thousands of dollars on accompanying gear.

Atom stack should work great for anyone with reasonable sensibilities. 

Atom stack should be great! Full potential is a funny term and has a lot to do with just having a better source as well. Where headphones just tend to improve when fed a  better source. Some more than others. A Tom stack will basically get you 95% there. You have to spend a good amount ore if you want true full potential. 

18 hours ago, ShearMe said:

According to audiophiles, you wont get "the full potential" without spending thousands of dollars on accompanying gear.

Atom stack should work great for anyone with reasonable sensibilities. 

I see, I see. Appreciate the confirmation

17 hours ago, rice guru said:

Atom stack should be great! Full potential is a funny term and has a lot to do with just having a better source as well. Where headphones just tend to improve when fed a  better source. Some more than others. A Tom stack will basically get you 95% there. You have to spend a good amount ore if you want true full potential. 

Hehe, I subconsciously just used the term full potential in general terms, forgetting about an audiophile perspective, such as just being able to power the headphones 🙂 Thanks for the thought and assistance.