GPU sitting too low?

SandroDock

Not 100% sure if this is the right place to post this question but this is my first time posting anything so sorry if it's not.

So I started building a new computer and I have an issue with the motherboard I purchased as it makes the GPU sit a bit low. I was trying to spend around $250 for my motherboard and I thought $240 for this MSI Z590 Unity was an awesome deal given the specs, number of usb ports, 4 m.2 slot. The rest of the specs can be seen here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-Z590-UNIFY/Specification

I honestly really like the board, it feels solid and love the blacked out look, except the pcie 4.0x16 slot for the GPU sits one lane down from where most motherboards have them. This causes it to sit lower as can be seen in the pics. I think I initially saw a pic of the same mobo but for a b550 or z690(mine is a Z590) which have the lane where they normally should be, but still I feel stupid for not noticing this before hand.

I'm tempted to just make it work and keep it but I'm just wondering if this could cause any problems with it so close to the intake fans at the bottom. Everything else about the board is great but why they would put the slot there is weird to me. I know I could probably just put in a vertical mount but I personally like the look of it in the normal horizontal position and I'm a little hard pressed to spend more money on this build at the moment. Anyway just looking for some feedback. I've worked on my computers before but this is the first time I've been able to do a complete build. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I was planning on putting a 3rd fan at the bottom and replacing the two on the AIO with the same, except my other box of fans got delayed in the mail so I'm still waiting on them. Also I know the GPU and 24pin cables could look better and I only have the fans attached with silicon anti vibration fan mounts. I'm not done cleaning and screwing in everything as I was just trying to mock it up to see how it would all look

Current Build:

Case: Lian li O11 dynamic atx mid

Mobo: MSI Z590 Unity

CPU: Intel i7-11700k

GPU: Asus Rog Strix 3060ti OC

AIO: Corsair 240mm H100i Elite Cappelix

Ram: 32gb T-Force Delta R DDR4 3600

Fans: Lian Li SL120 Uni fans

Storage: 1Tb m.2 WD black SN850, 1Tb m.2 Samsung 970 evo plus, 2  500gb 2.5" Samsung 870 evo

IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

13-144-383-V80.jpg

13-144-383-04.jpg

16 minutes ago, SandroDock said:

I'm tempted to just make it work and keep it but I'm just wondering if this could cause any problems with it so close to the intake fans at the bottom.

The closer the GPU is to fresh air the better.  The case fans would have to dramatically be overpowering the GPU fans to really be a minor problem, it should be fine.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

It's not an issue at all. I had my 1080ti like that before I upgraded to 3060ti (because of reasons) and it was running nice and cool as long as there is a bottom intake. 

Ok thank you so much. I dont know why but I get anxious if I feel like something could be wrong. I noticed that my temps were actually staying cooler with the intake right there. I'm sure getting air to it would be a problem if there were no fans. The one thing I was thinking if anything was dust coming in to the system and my intake being so close, then again I clean it constantly anyway. Thanks again!