Planning out Corsair fan controllers

Hi there,

I'm planning out a build, and have included multiple rgb fans. The build will contain 10 fans of which 7 are rgb and throughout the case, and 3 are non-rgb and are placed on the AIO. These final 3 will be daisy-chained and plugged into the AIO header on my motherboard, so those don't require a controller.

The other fans, on the other hand, do. I want to both PWM and RGB control them (using iCUE), and that appears to be a pain if you plan on using more than 6 fans. However, I think I've come up with a working solution, and I wanted to dubblecheck whether this would work. Moreover, I have a secondary solution which would be even simpler (and cheaper), which I wanted to check as well.

My case, a Corsair 5000X, comes with a PWM controller pre-installed, and when purchasing a 3-pack of the fans I want (Corsair SP120 Elite), I get a Corsair Lighting Node Core (NoCo). These added up have the capacity for 6 fans, which isn't enough. So, what I thought of doing was buying a Corsair Commander Core XT (CoCo). I would them plug 5 fans into the CoCo and the other 2 in the NoCo and the PWM Hub, while plugging these last 2 into the CoCo. This way, I think I should get things to work.

The secondary solution (which I thought might be too simple) is to buy a splitter for the two cables coming from a fan, and that way put 2 fans on a single header of the NoCo and PWM Controller. However, I do not know whether that would work, nor whether those kinds of cables even exist in the first place.

Any input regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Quote or @ me for if you respond to me, and if I solved your problem or answered your question, please hit the Mark As Solution button.