Random 3 sec lag spikes

FedPot

Hey guys, I'm using an HP Omen 16 2021 laptop right now. As per title, I have this issue of randomly lagging my ass off in multiplayer online games at random intervals, it can be every 3 minutes or 5 or 10 or insert any number here. It is very frustrating when playing something fast-paced like fps or MOBA games. I've had this issue for months ever since I got this baby. This is the link to the laptop mentioned.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-advantage-edition-16-1-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-6600m-1tb-ssd/6464193.p?skuId=6464193

The lag is a really major lag where any inputs are still registered so I would run into walls when playing FPS while still holding WASD, etc.

Things I've tried:
-reinstalling network driver

-switching the driver to an older version (this seems to reduce the effect from 3 seconds to 1.5-2 seconds, but still enough to get me killed in games). the driver is Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCIE adapter.

newest version is 6001.0.10.329 and I'm running 6001.0.10.304
this idea was from googling and I found out that some people are also having this problem with their HP laptops. 
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/connection-issues-with-Realtek-RTL8852AE-WiFi-6-802-11ax/td-p/8157951

-switching from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz connection

I'm thinking maybe changing the wifi card would work, but I haven't done some research on that solution yet.
there also seems to be an intel driver available for the wifi card but I cannot install it and the operating system just choose to use the realtek driver.

Specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5800H

AMD Radeon RX6600M

1 hour ago, FedPot said:

As per title, I have this issue of randomly lagging my ass off in multiplayer online games at random intervals, it can be every 3 minutes or 5 or 10 or insert any number here.

If you choose to play games over WiFi that require low latency, this is something you will have to live with. The only solution is to use a wired connection.

This article explains the reasons for these frequent spikes.

1 hour ago, FedPot said:

the driver is Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCIE adapter.

Another member had an issue with the same adapter recently. Running Windows update seems to have fixed it. If doing this doesn't work, try the other recommendations mentioned there.

However, I've seen posts in other locations associated with this particular adapter. Realtek's WiFi 6 adapter doesn't seem to be as reliable as the Intel WiFi 6/6e alternative, so many people just swap out for an AX200/210.

the thing is, my previous laptop (Eluktronics Mag15) and the laptops before that never seem to have this issue, so I'm sure it's not related to wifi vs wired issue.
windows has been updated all the time.

I'm gonna try replacing the wifi card instead.
AX 200 should fit right in because of its PCIE port as well yes?

1 hour ago, FedPot said:

the thing is, my previous laptop (Eluktronics Mag15) and the laptops before that never seem to have this issue, so I'm sure it's not related to wifi vs wired issue.

WiFi conditions in the real world change frequently. What worked last month might not work this week because almost everyone with an internet connection broadcasts WiFi. And most times, their gateways/routers are kept in their default setup state, which predisposes to wireless interference.

An ethernet connection is all yours, however.

1 hour ago, FedPot said:

I'm gonna try replacing the wifi card instead.
AX 200 should fit right in because of its PCIE port as well yes?

Both of these cards are of the M.2 form factor with A/E notches. I've yet to see an AX200 or AX210 that varies from this layout, but I don't doubt that Intel might have made some.

ok, I bought an Intel AX200 card, tried replacing the Realtek card but it won't be detected by the system.

I also downloaded the Intel WLAN driver from HP's drivers page and tried running it with no luck