GPU fan speed not detected in any software

Mysini

GPU: 1060 3GB, fan speed is not detected in any software including afterburner, geforce experience (overlay). furmark..etc..  I have two questions here

1/ If I set a custom fan curve in afterburner for example, will it still be working even if the fan speed is not being measured?
2/ any idea how to fix this? I just replaced my old faulty 1060 for this one and I'm going to open it to apply new thermal paste, is there anything else I can do while it's still open?

If you manually set the fan speed to something like 0% or 100% in Afterburner does it respond? If so then the fan curve will probably work fine.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

2 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

If you manually set the fan speed to something like 0% or 100% in Afterburner does it respond? If so then the fan curve will probably work fine.

nope, not responding at all, and the temperature is not affected whether it is 0 or 100%

1 hour ago, emosun said:

If its a 2 pin fan then no it doesnt have any rpm monitoring

I'm not sure if it's a 2 pin fan or not but I had the exact card model (Zotac 1060 3gb) and the fan was detected and I could change it.

15 hours ago, Mysini said:

nope, not responding at all, and the temperature is not affected whether it is 0 or 100%

Double-check, if you can visually, that the fan connector is seated properly on the GPU. Does the fan actually spin, at all?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

4 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Double-check, if you can visually, that the fan connector is seated properly on the GPU. Does the fan actually spin, at all?

It looks like it's seated firmly, and yes it is spinning

Could it be a driver related issue?
Also, on the driver note, there aren't any Game Ready drivers available through GeForce Experience, only "studio drivers", could that be the culprit?