Will an A520 bottleneck a 5600x in terms of FPS?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
7 minutes ago, Scorpio 72472 said:

I want to know another thing, A520 boards Don't allow overclocking. Does that mean precision boost will not work?/the CPU will not be able to reach it's maximum boost clock?

The CPU will still boost properly, precision boost and XFR will probably vary in availability from board to board. Check the BIOS to see if the setting is available on this motherboard, but if it's not, don't sweat it. 

And I'm sure you're already aware that this only applies to CPU overclocking. You won't have issues with fast memory.

Hello! 

I currently own a XG2431. I wish to play competitive titles like Apex legends and PUBG at the highest possible FPS (240Hz) the CPU can push. Will the 5600x be bottlenecked when used on an A520 motherboard? I've looked around some benchmarks but all of them were done on the highest end motherboards and some were done on a B550. I couldn't find any on an A520.

Note: I will not be using PCIE gen 4 nor will I be overclocking. I'll be a stealthy SFF build.

The B550/450 ITX motherboards that I found are around $300+ I'd like not to spend that much on a motherboard as I'm splurging quite a bit on a Good PSU.

Thank you!

An A520 motherboard that has a decent VRM heat sink will sustain a 5600X just fine. What motherboards are you looking at?

I also recommend a decent B450 motherboard over an A520 motherboard if you get one with BIOS flashback. Easy to update, good selections with proper power delivery.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Gigabyte A520I AC. There's no other motherboard available that fits my price bracket. The only other motherboard that's available is the ROG strix B550I but it's $300+ what are your thoughts on the Gigabyte A520I AC ?

18 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

An A520 motherboard that has a decent VRM heat sink will sustain a 5600X just fine. What motherboards are you looking at?

I also recommend a decent B450 motherboard over an A520 motherboard if you get one with BIOS flashback. Easy to update, good selections with proper power delivery.

Gigabyte A520I AC. There's no other motherboard available that fits my price bracket. The only other motherboard that's available is the ROG strix B550I but it's $300+ what are your thoughts on the Gigabyte A520I AC ?

Edit: b450 ITX aren't available either

5 minutes ago, Scorpio 72472 said:

Edit: b450 ITX aren't available either

ITX motherboards tend to be higher quality because they are more specialty products. This board has a really large VRM heat sink, and should be quite alright for a Ryzen 5 CPU.

A lot better than something like this, for example
https://www.amazon.com/Prime-A320I-K-Ryzen-Motherboard-Gigabit/dp/B07VHQYGPP/ref=asc_df_B07VHQYGPP/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=380200604373&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11140704745834230170&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1015640&hvtargid=pla-809310763868&ref=&adgrpid=82910274452&th=1

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

ITX motherboards tend to be higher quality because they are more specialty products. This board has a really large VRM heat sink, and should be quite alright for a Ryzen 5 CPU.

https://www.amazon.com/Prime-A320I-K-Ryzen-Motherboard-Gigabit/dp/B07VHQYGPP/ref=asc_df_B07VHQYGPP/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=380200604373&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11140704745834230170&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1015640&hvtargid=pla-809310763868&ref=&adgrpid=82910274452&th=1

I understand. Thank you for your time.

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

I want to know another thing, A520 boards Don't allow overclocking. Does that mean precision boost will not work?/the CPU will not be able to reach it's maximum boost clock?

7 minutes ago, Scorpio 72472 said:

The CPU will still boost properly, precision boost and XFR will probably vary in availability from board to board. Check the BIOS to see if the setting is available on this motherboard, but if it's not, don't sweat it. 

And I'm sure you're already aware that this only applies to CPU overclocking. You won't have issues with fast memory.

Primary PC:

54 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yes, thank you for answering, I'll keep an eye out for it.