Turning my old PC into a Nas, need options to expand SATA connection for drives

RFAurora

Hi all, just got a new PC, so I'm turning my old PC into a Media/gaming server.  It's currently got an ASUS ROG Strix Z270E LGA1151 motherboard, Core i5-7600K, 32GB RAM, a Geforce GTX 960 video card, Samsung 1TB NVMe for the OS, 1 8TB Seagate drive, 2 4TB Western Digital drives, 1 Seagate 2TB Barracuda mechanical, and a Corsair RMX 750W power supply. It also currently uses a Corsair H100i V2 AIO. I plan on moving all of the components into a Fractal Design Define 7 case, and changing the cooler over to a Noctua.  However, the motherboard is limited to 6 Sata ports, all at 6GB/s.  I eventually plan on installing more 8TB drives, or higher depending on costs and sales down the road, but I am lloking for something that I can plug into one of the PCIe slots to add more internal Sata  ports.  Any suggestions?

Pick up a PCIe SAS controller with IT mode firmware, and a couple Mini-SAS breakout cables. They'll work with SATA drives, and you'll run out of physical space for drives in the case before you run out of ports.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.