Hello there! This is my review for the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X. I have had this processor since Christmas, and I think it now deserves a review.

THE PROS

A lot. Great temps, (probably because of my 360mm AIO) great speeds, tons of cores, and overall just a great processor. I only do medium gaming on it and light photoshop/video editing work, but it works like a dream. The processor hits like 50-60C while under load. The 12 cores can handle anything, and got me a 20,000+ score on Cinebench R23. I love this processor. But, just one small tweak can make this a 10/10.

THE CONS

What I want to be implemented, is a 1st party temperature checker. I know that Ryzen Master exists, I have that, but what I mean is one built right into the chipset OS. It will save like 5-15 minutes of setting up Ryzen Master.

CONCLUSION

This processor, is an absolute masterpiece. The temperatures aren’t Ryzen under load. (Get it?) Anyways, I love this processor so much.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Review Score: 9.5/10. Just that small thing, and its a 10.

how are you doing today

On 2/5/2022 at 4:42 PM, ebprince the computer nerd said:

What I want to be implemented, is a 1st party temperature checker. I know that Ryzen Master exists, I have that, but what I mean is one built right into the chipset OS

im confused?
chipset os? Do you mean uefi bios?

some of them do it, it comes down to the motherboard manufacturers implementing it, but thats not going to be ususable when the os is running anyways

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

im confused?
chipset os? Do you mean uefi bios?

some of them do it, it comes down to the motherboard manufacturers implementing it, but thats not going to be ususable when the os is running anyways

I meant that right when you boot up Windows, it’s automatically there if you have a Ryzen CPU. Heck, Microsoft could make one.

how are you doing today

1 minute ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

I meant that right when you boot up Windows, it’s automatically there if you have a Ryzen CPU. Heck, Microsoft could make one.

im more confused.

You want it to to have a temperature checking program preinstalled with windows?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

im more confused.

You want it to to have a temperature checking program preinstalled with windows?

Kinda. I mean, you could just download Ryzen Master, but it’s for the people that don’t know that Ryzen Master exists.

how are you doing today

1 minute ago, ebprince the computer nerd said:

Kinda. I mean, you could just download Ryzen Master, but it’s for the people that don’t know that Ryzen Master exists.

Or any other temps program. Coretemp, hardware info come to mind

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the thoughts on the 5900X, I have been happy with my 2700x for some years but I have been preparing the way for a newer Chip, upgraded to an ASUS x570 Board that runs the 2700x fine but it has PCIe Gen 4 which the 2700x dosn't know about. It also famously runs pretty Hot.

I was planning on the 5900X and hadn't made my move, when Intel released the Alderlake Chips. This has seen the price of the 5900X drop from (AUS$) $795 in November to $689 today. I can afford to be patient.

That being said, as I am interested in video and 3D graphics work, the sheer ability of the i5 12600k at (AU) $459 is insane. It streches my loyalty to the 5900X, unless AMD will make the price really compelling.