My PSU is 11+ years old. Should I replace it?

TheGreatestGazoo

I have a Corsair AX850 that I have had for at least 11 years, maybe more. I'm not having any issues with unexplained shutdowns or any other problems. I power my rig through a CyberPower UPS so power regulation should be fairly consistent and I have always had it hooked up to a UPS.

Seeing as how this component is getting on in age, should I be worrying about it and consider preemptively replacing it? Or should I just wait until it dies and possibly wipe out some other components? The rest of the rig is fairly modest; 1800X, 1080ti, 7 fans, watercooled, a few HDDs and some RGB. I may upgrade later this year or next year to something more modern. I use this rig for everything from general use to transcoding video, gaming (FarCry 6, etc.) and listening to music/video with my ZxR sound card.

Maybe it would be good to replace it, problems with corrupted data or other hardware issues might cause data loss or it could kill other components.

Quote me for the answer and please Mark As Solution if I solved your problem

What I need help with rn

Spoiler

Best pc guides

Replace it when you upgrade. For this build it's fine, chances are if you replace the thermal paste under it's FETs and maybe replace secondary side capacitors which show the signs of aging, it would be still better than modern Seasonic Prime GX but i wouldn't risk it with thousands dollars worth of the new hardware.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply