Im 19 and im tired of my 9-5 job..

Rujdaga
1 hour ago, MelonBite said:

How is Canada housing and renting and living expenses over there? Here in US is fucking dogshit right now. There are people making $80k and still renting apartment.

Really depends on where you are in the country. Somewhere like Vancouver or Toronto tend to be very expensive in terms of housing, not sure on COL but I would imagine it matches the housing market. Last time I was in Vancouver gas was like $1.60/L for 87 for an indication. Here in Alberta a nice two bedroom apartment in a decent area is like $1200 a month in either Calgary or Edmonton, 3-4 Bedroom houses with detached or attached Garages can be had from like $400k (condo's go for much less) in the suburbs. In Calgary or Edmonton you can live comfortably off of $80k as long as you're not idiotically spending your money. (Probably even most of Canada for that matter).

Rural area's tend to have very cheap properties with a bit higher COL, especially on groceries but its not too bad. In some rural area's you can get an acreage with a bi-level home for a  200-300k depending on where it is.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

It is hard to actually "understand" your issues, when you come from a place, where wages are different.. 

here in Denmark, a good welder, has 37 hour work week, 6 weeks of vacation pr year, base salery of a rookie-welder is 200ish Kr/hour = yearly salary of 65000 (US)Dollars pr year, but that is BASE BASE.. salary. there are multiple elements more to this, like working overtime first hour is 150% and after that 200%.. then you can run 27 hour a week if it is weekend work for a 37hour salary, and stuff like that. 

great welders earn a LOT more.  (and then you have healthcare all the other things for free)

But if you don´t like your job, or can see yourself in it, then none of this helps.

We live in a EU where eduction is either fairly cheap or free. so that is a direction. the problem with a "good" salary if you get it, is that you end up being comfortable in a job you don´t like, and suddenly the money is what keeps you there, and not the happyness, and at some point in your life, this will make you hit a wall.. Can it work, of course it can, if the value of family and other elements in your life, makes it worth working a job that does not really make you happy..

Now happiness in a job, i think it is for the VERY few, you can be content, and have good friends at work, and at times have fun, but very seldom i see people ALWAYS just happy to go to work.

but you are 19.. you have a full life ahead of you, so why no try some things.