Locked out of Windows 7. Can't get to Windows Startup Repair.

Puma911

Hello! I'm trying to get into an old laptop with Windows 7 pro. There is a local user account I don't have the password for.

I'm trying to get into Windows Startup Repair by doing a hard shutdown mid boot (holding the power button as windows begins to load).

But for some reason when I reboot it just goes straight to the windows splash screen.

Tapping F8 brings up Safe Mode, Safe mode with networking, and Safe mode with command prompt. All of these bring me to the windows login screen, but without drivers I assume, as screen resolution is lowered and the mouse won't work, not even the touch pad.

Tapping Delete brings up Windows Boot Manager where I can select either Windows 7 or Memory Diagnostic Tool.

If I highlight Windows 7 and press F8, I get these options:

Safe Mode

Safe mode with debugging

safe mode with command prompt

Enable Boot Logging

Enable low-resolution video (640x480)

Last Known Good Configuration (advanced),

Directory Services Restore Mode

Debugging Mode

Disable automatic restart on system failure

Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

Start Windows Normally.

No matter what I choose I end up at the windows login screen.

The only tutorials I have found to reset the password involve getting into Windows Startup Repair, but I can't get to it on this laptop.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be so grateful.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

-Locked-

As per our community standards we will not assist with this type of issue

Discussion on engaging in hacking or cracking is not allowed, including:

• Bypassing security features, restrictions, or filters (including parental filters, school restrictions, or workplace monitoring), including on your own device.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P