Working on a laptop, worth removing the battery??

Xebec_

I don't understand the question.  Are you wanting to replace it?  Access something else?  Is it defective?  Bulging?  Plugged in or soldered in?

1 minute ago, IPD said:

I don't understand the question.  Are you wanting to replace it?  Access something else?  Is it defective?  Bulging?  Plugged in or soldered in?

No, I'm doing maintenance for the laptop, and I'm just asking if it's worth removing the battery to not short circuit anything.

37 minutes ago, squallmx said:

Just disconnect it.

Super small connector, Don't know if i can

On 1/29/2022 at 5:05 PM, Xebec_ said:

No, I'm doing maintenance for the laptop, and I'm just asking if it's worth removing the battery to not short circuit anything.

Thats odd way of thinking it. How about not using conductive tools to avoid things overall rather than think what non-powered battery might cause?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thats odd way of thinking it. How about not using conductive tools to avoid things overall rather than think what non-powered battery might cause?

Disconnect the battery. Disconnect it anytime you plan to do more than blow out the fans.

Even if you use non-conductive tools, there's still the chance of shorting things just by slightly misaligning a cable or connector that carries power like the display ribbon.

You don't have to take the battery out completely unless you can't reach the connector without. You don't need a tool for this one, grip the two ends of the black piece with the tips of your fingernails and pull directly downward.

image.png.05c38418d130a7723d09b57ef3232bee.png

To reinstall, just slide it up and push until the piece is flush again. Don't forget to plug it back in before putting the back panel on. I do that a lot...