GPU HDMI port not working?

kamikiyuki

i just bought a new monitor for drawing, but then suddenly my GPU port magically doesn't work anymore (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻. I tried using my laptop's HDMI port and it works, but when I plug it in my PC, it says "no signal detected". The GPU DVI port works properly but the HDMI does not.

please help i am way past my deadline for my lineart q-q

does your gpu have a displayport and you monitor has only an HDMI?

also I recommend finsihing the lineart with your laptop so its not worse 😛

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

my GPU does have a displayport but my monitor only supports HDMI and VGA

7 minutes ago, kamikiyuki said:

my GPU does have a displayport but my monitor only supports HDMI and VGA

sheesh, then maybe finish your lineart on the laptop and try to get an displayport to hdmi adapter like this one: https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Adapter-Converter-Gold-Plated-Compatible/dp/B017Q8ZVWK/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2HYDB0JUPAA0B&keywords=displayport+to+hdmi&qid=1643453377&sprefix=displayport+to+hdmi%2Caps%2C213&sr=8-4

Idk how to diagnose but before you do have you tried a different hdmi cable maybe?

also see the signature if you want me to respond more consistently

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

2 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

sheesh, then maybe finish your lineart on the laptop and try to get an displayport to hdmi adapter like this one: https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-Adapter-Converter-Gold-Plated-Compatible/dp/B017Q8ZVWK/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2HYDB0JUPAA0B&keywords=displayport+to+hdmi&qid=1643453377&sprefix=displayport+to+hdmi%2Caps%2C213&sr=8-4

Idk how to diagnose but before you do have you tried a different hdmi cable maybe?

also see the signature if you want me to respond more consistently

I do have and tried another HDMI cable and it still doesn't work.