Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FPS drops after cleaning PC?

Omie

I'm running into a very weird problem. Today I took the front panel and top panel off of my case to clean it and there was a ton of dust. I used a towel and canned air to clean it. Now upon putting it back I notice that my front-case fans are pulsating a little bit. I checked my fan curves and speeds and everything seems normal.

However, I just played a game of league and noticed my fps drops to like 80-90 when in combat or lots of stuff is happening. It never used to do this before. I would always stay at 140+ frames. I checked my temps and everything is fine as well. Not sure what happened because I just took off the front panel and top panel. Would cleaning my PC cause this? Maybe something else happened software related? Not sure cause I don't remember changing anything.

Specs: i7 7700k, RTX 3070, 16GB RAM, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Case

Just now, PLSHELPME123 said:

maybe the cables are not plugged in correctly?

The top panel and front panel had some cables connected to the fans and the power button on the case. But they are working properly, both the power button LED's and case fans are all spinning. So i don't think anything got unplugged. I didn't mess with anything near the motherboard.

Maybe, if you plugged in your GPU to the bottom slot of your motherboard, your GPU's bandwidth is saturated and therefore losing performance.

49 minutes ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

Maybe, if you plugged in your GPU to the bottom slot of your motherboard, your GPU's bandwidth is saturated and therefore losing performance.

My GPU is in the top slot. But I didn't touch my GPU at all before I had any of these issues.