So unsatisfied. Need help post code 02 AMD

Incredaboy59
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

My personal experience with the 02 code... 

Bad FCLK/CPU/RAM OC (XMP included) 

When encountering 02 you often get no display but the startup actually prompts you to press F1 to get to BIOS even if you can't see it. 

Try spasming F1 and see if the code changes. 

I have the same motherboard. 

Hero VIII WiFi but Should behave similarly 

Built 2 Intel PCs never had a problem after many years of hearing how AMD is catching up how AMD is actually pretty good after so many videos...... I went ahead and built myself an AMD build... Just so frustrated for the problems I am running into now that I never experienced before with none of my Intel builds before.

***Issue*** 

Bios code 02, black screen cant start up my PC again.

All I did to get here was restarted my PC and started to spam F2/DEL to try and get into my bios. Everything was working fine I just wanted to look at something in my BIOS

Build:::

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark hero

32GB of Ram DDR4 3600 4x8

PSU: 1000 Watt 80 Plus Platinum ATX 

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti Zotac

Ive tried the clear CMOS button in the back still noting just stays at Bios code 02.

Will try with 1 stick of RAM next if that fails I will take out the CMOS battery and give that a try.

Thanks

You don't mention any GPU, but I presume you have one. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

You don't mention any GPU, but I presume you have one. 

Yes I do RTX 3080 Ti Zotac

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Don't clear CMOS using the back button, 9/10 times it doesn't works or it requires you to unplug the PSU first. If you can't get the battery out because the graphics card is blocking it (some mobos suffer from this issue) find the set of pins labeled clr_cmos and short them using a screwdriver for a second.

If it keeps happening reseat the graphics card and make sure you're using the 1st video output on it, this is important apparently.

Thanks Will give it a try and will take a bit of time 😄

25 minutes ago, Incredaboy59 said:

Built 2 Intel PCs never had a problem after many years of hearing how AMD is catching up how AMD is actually pretty good after so many videos...... I went ahead and built myself an AMD build... Just so frustrated for the problems I am running into now that I never experienced before with none of my Intel builds before.

***Issue*** 

All I did to get here was restarted my PC and started to spam F2/DEL to try and get into my bios. Everything was working fine I just wanted to look at something in my BIOS

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

Ive tried the clear CMOS button in the back still noting just stays at Bios code 02.

Will try with 1 stick of RAM next if that fails I will take out the CMOS battery and give that a try.

Thanks

Did you update the BIOS yet ?
There's a Q-LED for CPU, DRAM, GPU, Boot under the Q-Code display panel, anything lit and stuck ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

When encountering 02 you often get no display but the startup actually prompts you to press F1 to get to BIOS even if you can't see it. 

32 minutes ago, Incredaboy59 said:

***Issue*** 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x

Thanks

This woudn't happen to be a set of Corsair Vengeance sticks..... Right?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

49 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Did you update the BIOS yet ?
There's a Q-LED for CPU, DRAM, GPU, Boot under the Q-Code display panel, anything lit and stuck ?

White and Green Light

49 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Wow...my F@#$$ing HERO that work I knew what you were talking about the F1 since Ive encountered that on my brothers PC and that did the job thanks 😄 

16 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

This woudn't happen to be a set of Corsair Vengeance sticks..... Right?

This the ram I have

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16Q-32GTZRC