I need help building my first pc 馃槬

City
Go to solution Solved by Real_NC,
7 hours ago, City said:

I have done all the cables for the psu its the cables for the fans leds power button all the small connectors stuff i have a b550 auros master mb. Like i said its my first time building one聽

Use the manuals. Seriously. The ones you need are for will be for the case, motherboard, power supply, and any additional cooling/airflow hardware you have.

Here are the things you'll need to look for in the manuals:

- Power connectors for the motherboard and GPU

- Front I/O (This includes USB, front panel audio, and case buttons)

- Fans/CPU fan headers

- Fan/case RGB headers

- Storage (you'll need to connect most storage to the motherboard as well as the power supply)

If you're having trouble with the RGB headers and power button headers, you definitely should look at the motherboard manual. Everything is labeled nicely there. Also, there are aRGB and RGB headers. A lot of modern motherboards have both, now, but make sure to plug your fans into the one with the right number of pins.

I just started to build my first pc i am a new at this but i have no idea where all the cables go to my mother board any help would be greatly appreciated thanks聽

For starters, welcome to the forum.

Next: we're gonna need full system specs and pics of what's vexing you, if we have any chance of helping you out

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.聽

You've come to the right place.聽聽

Start researching build guides and the manuals for your components.聽聽

Your psu is either precabled, modular or semi-modular.聽 Organize your cables first to see what you need as not all psu have all the cables.聽聽

22 minutes ago, City said:

I just started to build my first pc i am a new at this but i have no idea where all the cables go to my mother board any help would be greatly appreciated thanks聽

What are you having trouble with? The 24 pin and CPU power connectors are pretty straightforward, but the front panel connectors can be tricky. Check your motherboard manual or look online for where they go.

The board itself might also have some letters on it that indicate where the connectors go (I.E. pwr_sw)

I have done all the cables for the psu its the cables for the fans leds power button all the small connectors stuff i have a b550 auros master mb. Like i said its my first time building one聽

7 hours ago, City said:

Use the manuals. Seriously. The ones you need are for will be for the case, motherboard, power supply, and any additional cooling/airflow hardware you have.

Here are the things you'll need to look for in the manuals:

- Power connectors for the motherboard and GPU

- Front I/O (This includes USB, front panel audio, and case buttons)

- Fans/CPU fan headers

- Fan/case RGB headers

- Storage (you'll need to connect most storage to the motherboard as well as the power supply)

If you're having trouble with the RGB headers and power button headers, you definitely should look at the motherboard manual. Everything is labeled nicely there. Also, there are aRGB and RGB headers. A lot of modern motherboards have both, now, but make sure to plug your fans into the one with the right number of pins.

Like others said, read manuals. Motherboard manual has pictured guide on how to install all things. It has pictures showing layout of the board, with more detailed pictures of each connectors explaining what they do and what you connect to them.

13 hours ago, City said:

16 hours ago, City said:

So whats your problem exactly if you have all cables connected already?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hi everyone i appreciate the comments sorry i just rushe. But managed to get it working and then came across another issue and troubleshooted to find that the pc wont turn on with the gpu in but will without.

Specs

Rx6600xt gpu

B550 aorus master mb

Ryzen 5 5600x cpu

Aorus 1tb ssd聽

Aorus 16gb ram聽

Is there a compatibility issue ?? Or something聽

Got the right power cables plugged in to the GPU?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.聽

Yes its a 6+2 into a 8 and it plugs into the vga port on the modular psu聽

1 hour ago, City said:

Yes its a 6+2 into a 8 and it plugs into the vga port on the modular psu聽

Does GPU fans spin? RGB light up? If yes, then it's working. If not try to reseat GPU.

If it's working, but you don't have image on display, you have most likely cable and/or input issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So gpu doesnt light up fans dont spin. Only rbg lights on the ram turn on. But i i remove the gpu the whole system turns on all the fans mive all the lights turn on聽20220128_175040.thumb.jpg.27f2929c46f026b3bd1344a3670b4e85.jpg

9 minutes ago, City said:

So gpu doesnt light up fans dont spin. Only rbg lights on the ram turn on. But i i remove the gpu the whole system turns on all the fans mive all the lights turn on聽20220128_175040.thumb.jpg.27f2929c46f026b3bd1344a3670b4e85.jpg

Are you sure you have installed all standoffs? Only reason I can think is mobo shorting on case. Other reason could be broken PCIe slot, so you could test by using other slots than the top one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yes all stand offs were installed. This it what it looks like when the gpu is installed聽

16433995935177744736102163381891.jpg

Just tried it in the other slots also still the same聽

1 hour ago, City said:

Just tried it in the other slots also still the same聽

Could be dead GPU. Hard to say for sure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv