PC keeps freezing and restarting

Today pc when turned on loads into desktop and just freezes there, and then restart. Sometimes it doesn't even pass the welcome screen but just freezes it there. It happened once before and I unplug all usb devices except keyboard, because I need keyboard to press f1 since there is usb 3.0 not connected error at boot. It somehow solved when I unplug the ssd and plug it right back and then turned on pc. But today, weeks after that happened first time, it didn't help, so I bought brand new ssd, installed Windows 10 on it with out any problems whatsoever, and then it froze just when desktop appeared. I have 2 ram sticks and firstly pulled out 1, and then second, but same resoults. And idea?

SPECS: HP pre build with i7 4770, gtx 1050, 2 of 4gb ram sticks

There are a lot of possibilities. Here are some things I would try:

Disable Turbo Boost in the BIOS - if your CPU has degraded over the years, it might not be able to reach boost speeds at stock voltage anymore

Remove the GTX 1050 and try to use the motherboard ports - perhaps your graphics card is starting to fail, let's hope not

Try to boot from a Linux LiveUSB and run some stress tests - if you can't use Windows, perhaps you can isolate which component isn't working this way instead

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

There are a lot of possibilities. Here are some things I would try:

Disable Turbo Boost in the BIOS - if your CPU has degraded over the years, it might not be able to reach boost speeds at stock voltage anymore

Remove the GTX 1050 and try to use the motherboard ports - perhaps your graphics card is starting to fail, let's hope not

Try to boot from a Linux LiveUSB and run some stress tests - if you can't use Windows, perhaps you can isolate which component isn't working this way instead

Tried now with disabling Turbo mode in bios, nothing changed. So, only what remains are some expensive hardware parts to change?

Just now, Lakobrija said:

Tried now with disabling Turbo mode in bios, nothing changed. So, only what remains are some expensive hardware parts to change?

Did you also try booting without the graphics card installed?

If you can't isolate the issue to a single component, that usually means that it's a motherboard problem. A compatible motherboard is probably going to cost around $50-70.

33 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Did you also try booting without the graphics card installed?

If you can't isolate the issue to a single component, that usually means that it's a motherboard problem. A compatible motherboard is probably going to cost around $50-70.

When I was trying to get 1050 out it was really stuck, like really, no movement and can't go nowhere. I had to use both of my hands and to hold pc case with foot in order to get it out, I did it gently of course, but needed a lot of push. Then without any output because I use hdmi and only port is on gpu, started pc and was watching it like that for couple of minutes, and it was looking normal, no restarts, did not shut down, keyboard was responding(when pc was frozen even keyboard did not respond), and fans were running normally. So I shutted it down and just mountet 1050 back in the place and hdmi in it. 10 minutes passed, installed chrome and latest Nvidia driver and experience, no sing of any problems. Should I ne conserned? Did I just wasted money on ssd today?

2 minutes ago, Lakobrija said:

When I was trying to get 1050 out it was really stuck, like really, no movement and can't go nowhere. I had to use both of my hands and to hold pc case with foot in order to get it out, I did it gently of course, but needed a lot of push. Then without any output because I use hdmi and only port is on gpu, started pc and was watching it like that for couple of minutes, and it was looking normal, no restarts, did not shut down, keyboard was responding(when pc was frozen even keyboard did not respond), and fans were running normally. So I shutted it down and just mountet 1050 back in the place and hdmi in it. 10 minutes passed, installed chrome and latest Nvidia driver and experience, no sing of any problems. Should I ne conserned? Did I just wasted money on ssd today?

It could be that the graphics card just needed a re-seat. Over the years, between vibrations and moving around the computer to put in cables and whatnot, sometimes the card can shift out of the slot a bit.

I'd try to test the card to make sure it works. If you have a graphically intensive game or GPU accelerated application, I'd try it out and make sure the card can handle it.

As for the SSD, I don't think it was the problem. If you can use the extra capacity, you could install the other one back into the system and use it for storage. Otherwise, I'd think about returning the one you bought. However, I'd wait a few days to make sure the problem doesn't happen again.

37 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

It could be that the graphics card just needed a re-seat. Over the years, between vibrations and moving around the computer to put in cables and whatnot, sometimes the card can shift out of the slot a bit.

I'd try to test the card to make sure it works. If you have a graphically intensive game or GPU accelerated application, I'd try it out and make sure the card can handle it.

As for the SSD, I don't think it was the problem. If you can use the extra capacity, you could install the other one back into the system and use it for storage. Otherwise, I'd think about returning the one you bought. However, I'd wait a few days to make sure the problem doesn't happen again.

Just played Mortal Kombat 11, that should stress poor 1050. No problems so far