gpu vs gpu

GloriousGamer321

is there a big difference between the AMD RX 6700 XT and RX 6600 XT, and is the rx 6700xt worth buying over the rx 6600 xt

About 20% difference (some games more some less):

I edit my posts more often than not

Have you read all the reviews and and watched the benchmarks since they released? I'm curious of your opinions as you'd be the one making the purchasing decision. 

6 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Have you read all the reviews and and watched the benchmarks since they released? I'm curious of your opinions as you'd be the one making the purchasing decision. 

yes

7 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I want to hear your opinion, not only yours

Just now, GloriousGamer321 said:

is it worth it

Depends on the price difference.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Ralfi said:

What games do you play? What resolution on what size monitor? & what graphics settings are you happy with?

minecraft, roblox, forza horizon 4/5 streaming/recording all those games and discord vc, 1080p 240hz high/ultra

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Depends on the price difference.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091ZKN2RV/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B46MZ3T/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

26 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

minecraft, roblox, forza horizon 4/5 streaming/recording all those games and discord vc, 1080p 240hz high/ultra

I don’t know about 250Hz, but 1080p @ 144Hz seems to be its sweet spot.

But if you plan to go 1440p in the near future, then get the 6700XT.

1 minute ago, Ralfi said:

I don’t know about 250Hz, but 1080p @ 144Hz seems to be its sweet spot.

But if you plan to go 1440p in the near future, then get the 6700XT.

whats wrong with 240hz

1 hour ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

At those prices, and considering the games you're playing at 1080p, the 6600XT is a better deal. That's a 34% price reduction for about 20% less performance.

15 hours ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

whats wrong with 240hz

240hz means that your card needs to be able generate 240fps reliably. For 144hz - 144fps.
So if GPU isn`t powerful enough, or game settings to demanding you get screen tearing effect.
144fps is easier to achieve. And visual difference between 144 and 240fps is minimal.

11 minutes ago, John Reactor said:

240hz means that your card needs to be able generate 240fps reliably. For 144hz - 144fps.
So if GPU isn`t powerful enough, or game settings to demanding you get screen tearing effect.
144fps is easier to achieve. And visual difference between 144 and 240fps is minimal.

If only there was some sort of technology that would allow a screen to have a Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) - one where the GPU and screen could communicate to stay in Sync with each other. That would be really cool, but sadly, we're living in the year 2012 and the first VRR capable displays haven't come out yet...

I'm sure the OP's monitor has either G-Sync or FreeSync, so this is not an issue.

11 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

If only there was some sort of technology that would allow a screen to have a Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)

Oh if only this technology was available in all monitors, tvs and displays.
Oh if only it always worked without problems
Oh if people on internet knew it isn`t possible to write every possible technical detail in 3 sentences.
Oh if ...
Oh if ...
🙂

8 hours ago, Ralfi said:

😂 Nothing. I meant I wasn’t sure if the card would run games at 240Hz reliably. 144Hz @ 1080p should be fine though.

now you're sure?

The one you can get the closest to MSRP imo

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x