Armour Crate and New amd chipset drivers

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

The solution would be to remove Armory Crate entirely (using their uninstall tool to get most of the infection) and manage your drivers manually. Your motherboards support page will have everything you need. 

Is anyone else having issues with armour crate not updating to new AMD Chipset Drivers correctly, got two systems having the exact same issue, even tryied to download them from AMD instead, and it fails.

Is it a armour crate issue or AMD, not sure.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and if they managed to work around it?

31 minutes ago, Lonewolf12016 said:

Is anyone else having issues with armour crate not updating to new AMD Chipset Drivers correctly, got two systems having the exact same issue, even tryied to download them from AMD instead, and it fails.

Is it a armour crate issue or AMD, not sure.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and if they managed to work around it?

Armour crate is the work of the devil. Have had issues on both amd and intel board. On my AMD Crossfire XII hero, I reinstalled windows to delete all the ASUS services because I had massive performance issues, even after it was removed. I would suggest you do the same. You need to disable Armour crate in bios before reinstalling. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

The solution would be to remove Armory Crate entirely (using their uninstall tool to get most of the infection) and manage your drivers manually. Your motherboards support page will have everything you need. 

How much of a performance gain did you notice, I dont notice much but I think thats down to the CPU I have more than anything.

Next reformat I think I will do as you suggest, wish this companys would stop creating garbage software, they create lovely hardware then bundle it with Jank software.

Never makes any sense to me

10 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Didn't know about their uninstallation tool, very nice info 😄

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

11 minutes ago, Lonewolf12016 said:

How much of a performance gain did you notice, I dont notice much but I think thats down to the CPU I have more than anything.

Next reformat I think I will do as you suggest, wish this companys would stop creating garbage software, they create lovely hardware then bundle it with Jank software.

Never makes any sense to me

Just use the uninstallation tool. https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Edit: In terms of performance loss, I noticed system hangs and weird latency in gaming

FS in Denmark/EU:

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Didn't know about their uninstallation tool, very nice info 😄

Yep, it doesn't truly get all of it but its far better than trying to go through Settings>Apps and doing everything one by one. AC installs a ton of bloat that all show up individually. 

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041654/#1-2. How to uninstall Armoury Crate

Just now, Lonewolf12016 said:

I will do this once I get my monitor back, currently under RMA. Sad times in the tech industry right now and things failing

Yes I agree.

FS in Denmark/EU: