USB ports disconnecting

Bobbysixjp

Since upgrading to a Z690 and 12600K I've had the problem of disconnecting USB ports when gaming. It seems that that it is quite a common issue. The USB ports on the motherboard will disconnect and reconnect randomly. 

I've found that it happens after a start-up but when I restart the problem goes away. It's almost as if restarting is fixing the problem but it still happens when starting from a shutdown. 

Any ideas? 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

have you checked for any bios updates? if not, check and see if any have been released, might fix the issue.

12 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

have you checked for any bios updates? if not, check and see if any have been released, might fix the issue.

Yeah, I've updated to the latest BIOS. I have basically tried every possible fix and have narrowed it down to this issue. It only happens after a cold start-up and not after a restart.

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G