How to find the screw layout for my laptop

Cringe123
Go to solution Solved by Techestro,

It's really hard to find Technical Guides for older laptops. I would recommended contacting ASUS by email and ask them for a Back Panel Screw Layout, or head over to BestBuy or a local laptop repair shop, they could have a guide or even a laptop of the same model laying around and they could help you.

I'd personally not recommend randomly fitting screws, like you said it could damage something

I added a new battery, ssd, and cleaned my cpu fan and re applied thermal paste. However I forgot to lay out my screws where they were meant to go before starting. When puttig them back in I realised that I used the wrong screws likely in a lot of places. One of them pushed up on surface and actually went through. Is there a way for me to find the layout I put the screws in? Its an asus x556ua. I looked at dis assemble videos but none of them showed the screw layout. I plan to get some carbon fibre vinyl adhesive to cover the area that it went through

It's really hard to find Technical Guides for older laptops. I would recommended contacting ASUS by email and ask them for a Back Panel Screw Layout, or head over to BestBuy or a local laptop repair shop, they could have a guide or even a laptop of the same model laying around and they could help you.

I'd personally not recommend randomly fitting screws, like you said it could damage something

19 • Uni Student • Editor • Animator • Gamer • 🦆

SKYHAWK | ROGHAWK

On 1/26/2022 at 12:28 PM, Techestro said:

I did just this. They say they dont offer individual parts, but they sent me to an asus parts site and showed me how I can get all my replacement things there. I just sent another email asking about the layout. Thank you