(Video Attached) Mic makes a loud static noise when some programs are opened

DiamondsFroze

Today it was happening in csgo (right on startup) and the "recording" tab under windows sounds. However yesterday I was streaming on OBS and the same problem came up when I loaded into a game of valorant (not on startup, but when I actually load into a game)

What are the specs of the rest of your PC? Specifically what GPU do you have and what is the powersupply you have? 

As it is related to you starting up an application making use of your GPU I suspect that it has something to do with the GPU drawing extra power at that time causing interference. However that usually doesn't sound like this. It does seem to be the most obvious route to investigate. 

Is this a microphone plugged into your motherboards 3.5mm jack? Or possible into the 3.5mm in the front of your case? If it is plugged into the front of your PC try the back or the other way around. 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

11 minutes ago, creesch said:

What are the specs of the rest of your PC? Specifically what GPU do you have and what is the powersupply you have? 

As it is related to you starting up an application making use of your GPU I suspect that it has something to do with the GPU drawing extra power at that time causing interference. However that usually doesn't sound like this. It does seem to be the most obvious route to investigate. 

Is this a microphone plugged into your motherboards 3.5mm jack? Or possible into the 3.5mm in the front of your case? If it is plugged into the front of your PC try the back or the other way around. 

I Have an EVGA 850W Gold, RTX 3080, 32gb 3600mhz Cl16

It's plugged into the rear io through "mic in" not line in, I tried the front 3.5mm jack but it's still the same problem 🙃

How is the cable from the motherboard to your front panel routed? I am still inclined to think that it has something to do with the power draw from the GPU so the audio cable internally might have something to do with that. 

Alternatively, can you try a different microphone? 

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

21 minutes ago, creesch said:

How is the cable from the motherboard to your front panel routed? I am still inclined to think that it has something to do with the power draw from the GPU so the audio cable internally might have something to do with that. 

Alternatively, can you try a different microphone? 

its routed well, pretty much straight from the front panel to the motherboard, i made sure to do a good job of managing cables

I dont actually think I have another mic in the house that has a input/output splitter like my current headset (Senheiser Game ONE). But if I find one i'll update this thread. Although I don't think its a problem with the mic considering its completely fine on things like discord, Microsoft teams, etc

• 1 year later...

Any solution? Please tell, cause im having the same problem. 

this worked for me, I also found another cable for my mic, now its all good.