Heavy Minecraft screen tearing...

flaxe

It doesn't seem to happen in any other game other than minecraft, but if I limit my fps to anything below 100, I start experiencing really annoying screen tear. If I set my fps to anything above 100, it still screen tears but not as bad.  It seems like the best way to fix this problem is to just set my fps to unlimited, as that eliminates any screen tear. However, I simply can't do this while recording, since it takes away any resources from my OBS software. I have freesync enabled, and using vsync isn't an option as the amount of input lag it adds is just unbearable.

Any help will be appreciated.

specs:

cpu: fx-8320

gpu - x 460

psu - thermaltale tr2 600 watt ( yes ik its a horrible psu)

mobo - ga ds3p 970a

ram - mismatched 8 x 2 gb 1600 mhz ddr3 ram

I get a little of the same thing, I use lunar client with motion blur turned on. That eliminates the problem for me plus lunar gives you optifine settings you can fiddle with to see if that helps.

Just now, arthurbaxter said:

I get a little of the same thing, I use lunar client with motion blur turned on. That eliminates the problem for me plus lunar gives you optifine settings you can fiddle with to see if that helps.

I use lunar as well, and I can confirm that motion blur does help a bit. However, there's still enough screen tear to have an unpleasureable experience. I don't know if there's anything to do in Optifine's settings, other than turn the graphics down for less load on my pc.

Here are something things I tried to no avail:

-I turned down my fps below my monitor hertz. So in this case 70 fps since I have a 75 hertz monitor.

-I've turned on Vsync. It worked but again, the input lag was around 20-30 ms which is pretty noticeable.

-I checked the thermals of my pc components while on minecraft for around 2 hours. My cpu goes to around 60-70c while my gpu goes to around 50-60c.

-I've changed my monitor to 60 hertz, then 59 hertz. That didn't work, so I just changed it back to 75 hertz.

-I've tried using both vanilla minecraft and other minecraft clients like badlion.

During all of this, I had freesync enabled.

I think it may be because of my cpu. I've seen from other people on the internet where they upgraded their cpu and that seemed to fix the problem. Don't think I'm going to upgrade anytime soon since my entire pc is running old, and I think it's worth just making an entirely new pc.

1 minute ago, John Reactor said:

What is your monitor`s exact model number?

I'll inform you once I get home. I'm currently busy at school.

2 hours ago, John Reactor said:

What is your monitor`s exact model number?

Forgot to mention this: I even got a new monitor, which was the 75 hertz monitor I mentioned before. Before the 75 hertz monitor, I was using a 60 hz monitor. Both had major screen tearing issues on minecraft so I think it must be my pc.