Petition: bring back the old intro

Guys i have just watched the first linus tech tips video AND I LOVE THE INTRO

that is the reason that just for 1 video linus brings back the old intro

Edited by Kilrah
Removed shady link

YT link for those that prefer not to click a weird link to a, well, YT video:

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 1/23/2022 at 3:56 PM, Forbidden Wafer said:

Ah, miss the good old days of them in the kitchen, building slick pcs with Slick.

They're just in a different kitchen now.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

With no slick? 

Luke apparently doesn't actually like being on camera much, IIRC some statements he's made, and is happier working behind the scenes on Floatplane.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 1/23/2022 at 9:56 PM, Forbidden Wafer said:

Ah, miss the good old days of them in the kitchen, building slick pcs with Slick.

LTT has changed pretty drastically from what we all knew. 

Not as big of a fan as i once was, but appreciate why they had to diversify an make it less of "The Linus Show"...even though...it is still called LINUS Tech Tips. I like videos with Anthony or Alex too, but I watch for Linus. The rest...I tend to switch off or not even bother clicking.

Not a fan of the videos that try to go way to in depth into the technical aspects of stuff, i mean...if I want to watch a 30 minute video about how RAM timings have changed over the years and an in depth review of a particular fan style...well that's what GamersNexus do better than anyone else.

Oh well.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

11 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

LTT has changed pretty drastically from what we all knew. 

Not as big of a fan as i once was, 

Yup. Kinda hard to watch nowadays. 

And I like watching Riley, Ivone and Anthony, but would prefer old LTT with Linus and Slick any day. 

11 hours ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

And I like watching Riley, Ivone and Anthony, but would prefer old LTT with Linus and Slick any day. 

Unsure here if "Ivone" means Yvonne, Linus's wife, or Ivan who is no longer with LMG. 

3 hours ago, Middcore said:

Unsure here if "Ivone" means Yvonne, Linus's wife, or Ivan who is no longer with LMG. 

Yvonne. I in portuguese sounds like Y in english, so always get confused. 

20 hours ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

Just isn’t the same, don’t really watch much anymore. They don’t really do projects anymore it’s mainly the price of stuff they’re buying now they make a big deal of, they haven’t done a scrapyard wars in 2 years (I get why but still), secret shopper is what ever 2 years? They don’t really do consumer advice anymore outside of obligatory CPU/GPU reviews either which GN and hardware unboxed both do better with more info. Mac address is nice and short circuit is alright when it’s not a paid review which they also are starting to fail to mention. Linus has a stake in framework which means nothing they say about laptops is valid either. Honestly the only thing I watch continuously is techlinked and that’s just a carryover from netlinked.