GA-X58A-UD5 vs GA-EX58-UD5

Hey, can anyone te me what the difference is between the two motherboards? I'm just asking for the difference if there is any.

The X58A just has a few more features and looks better. I also happen to have one. It's a decent board, but can be finicky about Xeon chips, a bios flash is usually required.

THe alternative I'm using for benchmarking is an Asus Rampage II extreme. Much more stable of a board.

Eh ... the first one has some extra stuff like a usb3 controller , a marvel sata controller, a jmicron esata controller ... minor differences and tweaks

Im also contemplating on x58 once i do build a real pc that isnt just a 775 testbench with a sub par mobo ontop a cardboard box, though x79 seems alot better with a modded chinese board

How much money can you get those boards for? You may be able to find cheaper boards and save some money, and also where are you getting those boards from?

Usually i determine boards by expandability (pcie slots), vrms, and how the heatsinks look to tell which board is a better board, seems like the x58a is the better board by looking at the pcie slots (4 x16 vs 3 x16), crude "measurements" but it does work