Are these coolant temps okay?

So, I installed my first loop. It is a GPU ONLY loop right now and I am starting to think I may not have enough rad space but I am not sure so I figured I would ask you guys. 

For reference: 

Gpu: asus strix 3080ti in a hydro x gpu block

Xd3 pump on balanced. 

1 30mm thick 360 rad. 3 slim fans pushing on back and 3 traditional fans pulling on the front. All set to the same fan curve topping out at 1,500 rpm max. 

Tubing is pmma

I run two monitors one 4k one 1440p. 

case is a regular O11 Dynamic. 

After switching to water cooling the GPU temps went from maxing at 80c on GOTG (4k ultra, raytracing very high, Dlss off) to maxing out at 65c with the same settings.  

The coolant temp, however hit a max of 45/46c after running it for a while. Delta between coolant and ambient temp was about 20c. 

I thought this was good at first seeing as how my pump/tubes are rated for 60c but from reading around people have maxes in the 30's. I also worry about future games with higher demand. 

So before investing in a 120mm rad (all my case has room to add) are my coolant temps anything to be concerned about? Should I pull the trigger and buy it? 

Thank you for taking the time to read and for any feedback. 

Edited by ManUfc237
Grammar. Clarification.

a 360mm rad should be enough, 30mm thick isn't the best. But still.

I would think that maybe the slim fans aren't moving enough air and might be causing some restriction.

80c on the GPU is too high for water cooling.

I would also try turning up the pump and just make sure that it is getting good airflow and that no air is stuck in the loop.

1 hour ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

a 360mm rad should be enough, 30mm thick isn't the best. But still.

I would think that maybe the slim fans aren't moving enough air and might be causing some restriction.

80c on the GPU is too high for water cooling.

I would also try turning up the pump and just make sure that it is getting good airflow and that no air is stuck in the loop.

80c was the temps before water cooling. 65c was after. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Coolant temp is 45/46c when gaming at the settings listed above. Just wondering if it was good or if I need to add more rad space. 

gpu 65c on gaming with 46c coolant is actually decent

- rad fan setup as push pull config?

- what fans ya using? 

- afaik static pressure optimized fans do help cool rads a bit better

if u wanna check your max temps, run 3dmark port royal or unigine heaven for 30 mins with fan pwm on 100% (furmark don't work that well on nvidia tho) 

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

7 minutes ago, fonzz1e said:

gpu 65c on gaming with 46c coolant is actually decent

- rad fan setup as push pull config?

- what fans ya using? 

- afaik static pressure optimized fans do help cool rads a bit better

if u wanna check your max temps, run 3dmark port royal or unigine heaven for 30 mins with fan pwm on 100% (furmark don't work that well on nvidia tho) 

Yea push pull on the radiator. Using be quiet pure wings 2's on the front of the rad pulling and 3 15mm static pressure fans on the back. Both set to 1,500rpm max on a fan curve linked to coolant temps. 

Really? If it is decent than that would be a relief. Seen so many posts online about how 40+ is considered hot while gaming. 

Checking max temps sounds good! I will run those benchmarks. Knowing the hottest the coolant/card will ever get in my loop would put my mind at ease. 

Thank you. 

imo 30mm thick rads don't really need push pull fan, difference in temp not really that big

if u want better coolant temp, easiest way is to add more rads... 

in my experience, 1st config has better temps

1. 2x 360 30mm thick rads with fans on one side
  2. 1x 360 60mm thick rad with fans on both sides
Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

58 minutes ago, fonzz1e said:

imo 30mm thick rads don't really need push pull fan, difference in temp not really that big

if u want better coolant temp, easiest way is to add more rads... 

in my experience, 1st config has better temps

1. 2x 360 30mm thick rads with fans on one side
  2. 1x 360 60mm thick rad with fans on both sides

You know what I think that in a few months or so I should switch to a new case to just get it right and be done with it. I will get another 360 rad at that time. It is good to know my cooling is enough until than at least. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out!