Palit 3060 Ti Dual LHR Fan Problem

Krtzx

Hi, I own a Palit 3060 Ti Dual LHR and the fans starting making a cracking noise, I do not know what after market fans to get to replace them, .

I will even take the shroud off and put regular pc fans on the radiator that is how annoying the noise has become 

Another reason i want to get rid of the shroud because if find it ridiculous that i need to have an app just to set an  RGB color when windows starts. (I also use Linux and when i boot in Linux there is not app that can control that aspect for my GPU) 

This card does not have the capacity to store a color preference I mean why would Palit think that they know what color I like... wtf.. :))

Any suggestions ? 

Took it apart, the fans are casted in the shroud (brilliant engineering )

In case the fans die you have to get a new shroud or just get rid of the existing shroud and use some pc fans. 

Since I cant buy a new shroud I will be using some PC 92mm fans. 

Also the GPU is actually a mini but they decided to stick a regular radiator to it for some reason (easily they could of just added a mini thicker radiator) 

GPU.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Hi, same card same problem here. I'm curious about what you did with yours :)

• 7 months later...

I replaced the fans with 2 arctic p12 fans and it runs much cooler and more silent. I have them connected to the cha fan header on motherboard and controlled for GPU-temp. I have adapters to plug them straight into the GPU header, but I´m not sure which headers on the card are for fans and which are for RGB. I tried the white header, but I can´t control fan speed through MSI afterburner then. Only when i Use firmware control mode, but that way the minimum fan speed is 1300 rpm and that´s way too much for my liking.